Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 44,416 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend small quick places in the area that have Greek or Mediterranean food? I'm looking for simple authentic places like Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill or Shishkabob in Wake Forest. You know get a gyro and side for a $7 lunch.

And any ideas where saganaki can be had? I know that will be in restaurant but do any around here serve it?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,337 times
I *love* Greek Fiesta in Brier Creek!!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 AM

355 posts, read 958,206 times
Neomonde Cafe fits the bill. It's Lebanese and Eastern Med, but you'll find a lot of similar flavors to Greek. You can get a beef/lamb shawarma sandwich in a pita for around $7. I go to the Raleigh location just off of Hillsborough, but they have other locations (Morrisville maybe?) too.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Taverna Agora

Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 AM

85 posts, read 379,571 times
I have to agree about Neomonde. They have excellent meat pies and baklava.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 AM

16 posts, read 66,120 times
My favorite Greek restaurant has to be Nikos Taverna in Morrisville:
Nikos Taverna Home Page

Fr Anastasios

Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
I *love* Greek Fiesta in Brier Creek!!
Ewww, why?? I honestly don't get it. The menu is confusing and their gyros suck. I liked La Shish much better. (But was not a fan of their iced tea which is seasoned with rosewater).

Old 03-17-2009, 11:59 AM

69 posts, read 122,901 times
XIOS in Apex is very good

Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Ewww, why?? I honestly don't get it. The menu is confusing and their gyros suck. I liked La Shish much better. (But was not a fan of their iced tea which is seasoned with rosewater).
The menu isn't confusing, is it? Now I'm confused! Either way, it's not hard to order a Gyro with a greek salad... and their hummous is pretty decent too. It's by no means a five star restaurant, but it's a great little place to go while you're out shopping or before the movies!

We had a chain of La Shish back in Detroit and it was AWESOME but it was closed down about a year ago due to Al Qaida ties...or the owner donating money to terrorist organizations... oops I still haven't found a good place to replace it, only bits and pieces of good ethnic food around these parts. I will try some of the places in this thread though!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:17 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
The menu isn't confusing, is it?
To me it was. All I wanted to do was order a plain chicken kabob. If I wanted 2 of them in a combo, that'd be easy but 1 by itself - couldn't make it happen - and lord help ya if you wanted fries instead of salad. Maybe I just had a new guy at the register.

But as far as gyros, I'm a purist. I want to see that big cone of seared meat spinning on a spit, and I want strips of it carved off with a long, serrated blade. At Greek Feista they take the strips of meat out of a freezer and grill them, and it's just not the same.

We out to have you guys over for hummus one night; I've been perfecting my recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary