Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Yes they do, I used to stock up the freezer and they have lots of BOGO offers on staple items for the pantry. I have yet to see any good prices at HT for useful items that were healthy.
That is pretty much how you have to do it there. Now as much as we all hate Walmart, they do usually have lower prices on many staple items. Walmart is so determined to dominate here, that now if you buy from them and then later prices are found cheaper elsewhere, they will credit you the difference. The catch? Walmart is the one automatically checking the pricing. My wife buys the basics at Walmart and then shops for quality or variety items at Publix, F.M., T.J. and W.F. and she tells me she keeps getting notices of credit from Walmart when any place, including CVS and such put the items on sale. I don't know if they are doing that up your way, but all I can say is that Walmart and Publix are in one heck of a battle. Publix has been able to crush the competition here, except for Walmart, which is why I say to y'all to be careful of what you wish for. But if you love Publix, then you will be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Do a google image search for Wegmans bakery, seafood, bread, meat, prepared food. You'll get a good idea of what it's all about.

Here's a shot of their produce section (on the right).

Wegmans really is as good as people say.
Looks like a cross between H.T. and Costco. Not bad, by picture anyway.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:12 PM

580 posts, read 712,209 times
Went over there at 4pm with my husband for a bundle of firewood. They helped us very quickly and took us to customer service to check out. Walking out- a young female employee asked my husband if she could take the bundle of firewood and carry it out for us!!!!! He was carrying it! And we had to tell her no more than once.
The store was so busy and the aisles seem narrow- it was dizzying.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
Went over there at 4pm with my husband for a bundle of firewood. They helped us very quickly and took us to customer service to check out. Walking out- a young female employee asked my husband if she could take the bundle of firewood and carry it out for us!!!!! He was carrying it! And we had to tell her no more than once.
The store was so busy and the aisles seem narrow- it was dizzying.
Usually their aisles are wide. I wonder if they have a smaller footprint at that location.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:45 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Usually their aisles are wide. I wonder if they have a smaller footprint at that location.
It's not a huge store. Last time we were in FL we stayed in a condo and there was a Publix across the street and it was huge. When you walk in this one, you go right to deli/produce/bakery/prepared foods or you go left and there's about 10 aisles.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:12 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same - that's something I specifically missed about Publix! Huh.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It's not a huge store. Last time we were in FL we stayed in a condo and there was a Publix across the street and it was huge. When you walk in this one, you go right to deli/produce/bakery/prepared foods or you go left and there's about 10 aisles.
Thx. That explains it. Kinda defeats a lot of what Publix is about, when it comes to the shopping experience. I wonder why they picked such a small footprint, when trying to make a good first impression?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:39 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Thx. That explains it. Kinda defeats a lot of what Publix is about, when it comes to the shopping experience. I wonder why they picked such a small footprint, when trying to make a good first impression?
It is a fabulous location, and probably very expensive.
They will build more, larger stores, I expect, but this is just a great place to get started.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:18 PM

168 posts, read 350,088 times
Went today and it was crazy. It felt like Stew Leonard's on Dec. 23. Just crazy. I've been to Publix before and this store feels small. The aisles were so narrow. I couldn't get anywhere near the deli or bakery. I'll just stick to HT and try it again when the newness dies down.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It is a fabulous location, and probably very expensive.
They will build more, larger stores, I expect, but this is just a great place to get started.
If that is the case, customers will need to factor that into their initial opinions. Normally the aisles are wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary