Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 PM

5,892 posts, read 6,961,324 times

Advertisements

Puppy breath! Raleigh dog gives birth to 16 :: WRAL.com

Glad to hear they are all healthy, but OTOH that's potentially a lot of homes that shelter dogs could be going to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 04:43 PM

420 posts, read 452,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post

Glad to hear they are all healthy, but OTOH that's potentially a lot of homes that shelter dogs could be going to.
Sure hope that people will come forward for those doggies.
They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM

379 posts, read 749,631 times
Dog breeders are despicable.

NC kills 250,000 unwanted dogs every year.

Despicable.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:04 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,015,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by static_g View Post

Despicable.
That is like saying people should not have children because there are homeless and
adoptable children...

These are labs with nice bloodlines that are probably already spoken for ...

Responsible breeders and puppy mills are not the same thing..

Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM

379 posts, read 749,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
That is like saying people should not have children because there are homeless and
adoptable children...
We don't euthanize them. It's very different.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,443,102 times
Quote:

Despicable.
Well, there are those of us, who, for many reasons, want a purebred puppy. When I buy a dog, I want to be sure that it can sit in the blind, mark downed birds, retrieve them 100 yards across a cold lake, and not crush the birds. So, one of those puppies looks pretty good from where I sit. A rescue does not.

Sometimes, we want to start with a puppy of a breed with known and well researched traits. If I had a younger family, would I adopt a rescue? Heck NO! I want a puppy so I can start with a clean slate and socialize him to my standards.

When my siblings and I were young, my parents bought a purebred Golden Retriever as a puppy. When the first died, Mom rescued a 6 year old Golden. Now, we love the rescue, he is part of our family, and has good core traits of being friendly, gentle, and affectionate to people. But, he had and still has real personality and behavior issues that he likely wouldn't have had if we had him as a pup. And, he might not have been a good fit with younger kids; the puppy was able to be raised around them enough to make it work.

While many rescues I know are decent dogs, I know plenty of others that aren't, and some rescue cases where the best treatment for the breed and the public is a lead pill to the skull, but some moron do gooder wants to "rehab" the wretched beast.

Lab Puppies will easily find homes. It sounds like these people are responsible and know what they're doing in breeding labs.

250,000 shelter kills is sad, but my dogs exist to enrich my life, and I'll not have one that doesn't enrich it how I want it to.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
adoptable children...

These are labs with nice bloodlines that are probably already spoken for ...

Responsible breeders and puppy mills are not the same thing..
Quote:
We don't euthanize them. It's very different.

So you are saying that helping those kids is less important than dogs because the kids
aren't euthanized ???

Old 10-09-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post

250,000 shelter kills is sad, but my dogs exist to enrich my life, and I'll not have one that doesn't enrich it how I want it to.
I agree completely and thank you for being brave enough to post this...

Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,585,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post

These are pure bred dogs of a registered set of parents with field training. They will get sold to homes, people want these dogs. Also the 16 dogs is a fluke, it's not like they are running a puppy mill. They are up all night feeding the dogs by hand to help them survive. Some really silly posts in this thread, these are the best types of folks, they are NOT a puppy mill...

Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 AM

5,892 posts, read 6,961,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
These are pure bred dogs of a registered set of parents with field training. They will get sold to homes, people want these dogs. Also the 16 dogs is a fluke, it's not like they are running a puppy mill. They are up all night feeding the dogs by hand to help them survive. Some really silly posts in this thread, these are the best types of folks, they are NOT a puppy mill...
A comment on WRAL notes that the "silver" version is not a recognized AKC breed. If so, why are they any more desirable than a shelter dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary