Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

I agree with some of the picks, but my wallet is too light to have tried them all!

I did notice that quite a few of the picks are in Chapel Hill.

The Triangle's best restaurants (http://www.newsobserver.com/442/story/859809.html - broken link)

Restaurant of the Year: Fins ~ Downtown Raleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 10:02 PM

354 posts, read 1,217,952 times
Having stayed at the Washington Duke Inn several times, I agree it has great food (Fairview Dining Room) . And can also vouch for Vivace- excellent food and atmosphere with possible the best service in the Triangle with the friendliest bartenders.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
I'd like to add that Raleigh gets dismissed all the time by those who claim to be culinary experts around here. Comments such as: "everyone knows that Durham has the best restaurants..." are really quite common. I was glad to see that Raleigh gets a nod for some of the fantastic establishments the city has to offer, including the Triangle restaurant of the year. I don't knock the fine establishments in Durham and Chapel Hill but it's about time that folks learned that Raleigh isn't sucking wind in the category of dining.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:36 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,601,554 times
Glad to see that my 2 favorite RTP lunch spots made the list: Saffron and Neomonde.

I doubt that I will get the chance to try many of these restaurants though. . . .too guilty about spending my son's college money to see it end up in the commode the next morning

Old 01-06-2008, 10:10 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,527 times
My daughter and I went to Frazier's last night (it was on that list). It was really good but was expensive -- entrees about $22.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:28 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaze View Post
My daughter and I went to Frazier's last night (it was on that list). It was really good but was expensive -- entrees about $22.
That's a pretty average price for the top restaurants on this list, right? That's the price point I would expect at a nice restaurant in this area.

I'm glad to see Jujube on the list. I've been wanting to go there for ages, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've heard wonderful things about their head chef.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
That's a pretty average price for the top restaurants on this list, right? That's the price point I would expect at a nice restaurant in this area.

I'm glad to see Jujube on the list. I've been wanting to go there for ages, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've heard wonderful things about their head chef.
Well, since I've only been here a week I don't know what is average. It is considerably lower than prices at nice restaurants in the Wash DC area.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,965 times
Several restaurants I frequent made the list. . . I thought my waistline indicated my good taste. Oh, LOL.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 47,087 times
You should check out Poole's Downtown diner located at South McDowell Street at West Davie St. Chef Ashley Christensen from Enoteca Vin reopened this local favorite about a month ago. Let me know what you think. It's a little difficult to find and park...but well worth it!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
Seems like a pretty good list to me...and good representation of all areas in the Triangle. I've been to 10 of the 20 and can't argue with any of them. Guess that means I have 10 more to hit now!

Oh, and for anyone who likes Indian food, Saffron is not to be missed! Lunch buffet is unmatched, and full service dinner is outstanding. The best Indian food I've had outside of London (I've not been to India...yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary