Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:43 PM

7 posts, read 15,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
What, exactly, would you like to find on the streets of Raleigh that is tangible? or noteworthy? I get your wish to have more diverse nightclubs. and I agree you might be less than likely to find that here. But what else?

Nightclubs aren't a place to make lasting friendships. The things that people like about Raleigh are best enjoyed with a companion. What have you done to make friends? That's where you need to start.

Be fair. The OP did not say Raleigh was intangible or less noteworthy. And yes, Nightclubs aren't a premiere destination for long lasting bonds - but they are good spots to socialize, make acquaintances and have a bit of fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post
Do the people who mentioned weather call this weather we're having right now great weather?
great weather? Of course not.

But we're going to get a week or 3 of this every summer. Surely no one told you otherwise.

Some folks are hot-natured, and some cold-natured. Personally, I'd rather be able to be outside in cotton pants/shorts and a short sleeve shirt, and if I'm just hanging around outside do a little sweating to having 3+ layers on, outside, and shivering. Sounds like you're the opposite, and that's OK.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:48 PM

360 posts, read 516,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

But we're going to get a week or 3 of this every summer. Surely no one told you otherwise.

Some folks are hot-natured, and some cold-natured. Personally, I'd rather be able to be outside in cotton pants/shorts and a short sleeve shirt, and if I'm just hanging around outside do a little sweating to having 3+ layers on, outside, and shivering. Sounds like you're the opposite, and that's OK.
Definitely, definitely, definitely. I loved Chicago but this weather is so much better.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
The weather is great. No more NE snow storms to deal with. Summer? Got a pool.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:04 PM

248 posts, read 494,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Yes but to be fair it almost never comes this early in the year. It's usually late July, the entire month of August and maybe even first week or so in September that are miserably hot. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of the rest of the summer.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:07 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korega View Post
Be fair. The OP did not say Raleigh was intangible or less noteworthy. And yes, Nightclubs aren't a premiere destination for long lasting bonds - but they are good spots to socialize, make acquaintances and have a bit of fun.
You might be more comfortable in North Carolina if church were more your idea as a place to meet people.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You might be more comfortable in North Carolina if church were more your idea as a place to meet people.
Well he said his interest in nightclubs is not necessarily to "meet people" in that sense. Socializing and just a bit of escapism is fun sometimes. Church is not exactly the place to let off the steam of the work week and not everyone is seeking to become a pillar of their community. Besides, organized religion is drying up everywhere little by little, America isn't buying into the whole church racket as much as they used to.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:45 PM

750 posts, read 853,828 times
If it only lasts 3 weeks a year I'll be ok with it. But it's BRUTAL. and I've spent half my life in Africa. Our pool isn't even cool. If it's like this from now til September then I'm not sure whether I prefer this to a London winter/London summer.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:59 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
It's hot, but I'll take it over winter any day. Pool feels great to me. I hate cold weather and if I can't wear shorts and flip flops it's too cold.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post
If it only lasts 3 weeks a year I'll be ok with it. But it's BRUTAL. and I've spent half my life in Africa. Our pool isn't even cool. If it's like this from now til September then I'm not sure whether I prefer this to a London winter/London summer.
This is not a typical June around here. Three weeks of this kind of weather might be a good guideline but it's also possible to live here and see several consecutive, uncharacteristically mild summers that completely defy the reputation of the southern US being hot. The same thing can happen with winter weather. Folks not familiar with the variety of weather patterns sometimes assume that what they see in their first year or two is typical, but nothing is really "typical" anymore. Our climate is changing.

Also for whatever it's worth I recently spent time several hours north of here, and the heat there was about the same. So I don't think this heat should necessarily be associated with the carolinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary