Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:29 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
Yes, that's an eye opener for me for sure.

Thats all I'm trying to do here, to glean what I can and maybe socialize a bit in the process. I don't enjoy comments that make me feel like I'm stupid or in the wrong somehow. It's not a good impression and unnecessary.

Thank you for all the help guys and gals.
Our "Offer to Purchase and Contract" is a fill in the blank offer that turns into a contract (when agreed upon by buyer and seller).

It is prepared by the NC Bar Association.

Ask your agent for a copy to review.

This is different than "up north" where you verbally offer and then have an attorney draw up the contract and then have 3 attorneys try to agree upon when to close!

Here? Your agent can call your closing attorney and set a definite day and time.

Yes, there are many differences and that is why you need an Agent to guide you and explain the buying process to you.

Yes, there are a few folks on here that seem to tire of the same questions. I don't quite understand that as this is a forum designed for people that are moving or thinking of moving or just want to know about the area. My daddy used to say..."If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all"!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 09:23 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I know not everyone is up for this but when I view a house, I view the crawl space. My feeling is a serious problem, like widespread mold or lots of moisture I want to be aware as soon as possible and either save myself the time or factor it into my offer. Plus I do not think you need to be an inspector to identify a problem when it is that widespread or obvious. There is some real garbage out these and it stinks that you had to lose money.
Absolutely...
For me, not taking a peek in the crawl space would be like not even looking in the garage or attic..

My first viewing is just to see if the house is something that I want if everything checks out..
Then before an offer I check on neighborhood, crawl space, attic, roof, utility bills, HVAC.
That is a great time to take a friend that knows more than I do about crawl spaces, HVAC, ect..

Old 07-30-2015, 10:02 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,158,302 times
I like this game

Curious what people's thoughts on this house are. It sat on the market for 30+ days before going contingent which is surprising for this neighborhood. My best guess is it's a corner lot next to the main road for the neighborhood and some of the rooms have odd dimensions.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-05-2015 at 07:20 AM..

Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
In a perfect world, yes, you take the time to look at the crawl space, etc.

Unfortunately, in this market, my buyers are having to make FAST decisions. I do not like it. I much prefer they go home, think about it, sleep on it (gives me time to do MY research) and then make an offer.

I always recommend they check out the crawl space but most people do not want to do that and that is why we hire home inspectors!

Old 07-30-2015, 10:17 AM

203 posts, read 327,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I like this game

Curious what people's thoughts on this house are. It sat on the market for 30+ days before going contingent which is surprising for this neighborhood. My best guess is it's a corner lot next to the main road for the neighborhood and some of the rooms have odd dimensions.

The outdated inside is an eyesore. It looks like the only room they've tried to update is the kitchen and even that looks dated. It's a non-traditional home that is going to appeal to less buyers anyway, but those who looked probably thought it would take too much money to update. Also the pine trees/needles on the side, I know a lot of people hate that as it's ugly and ruins the yard. Honestly I'm surprised it didn't sit longer. I wonder what price they eventually settled on, maybe someone is planning on flipping it?

Last edited by Yac; 08-05-2015 at 07:19 AM..

Old 07-30-2015, 10:21 AM

I'm curious too what it ended up selling for. I'll have to stalk iMaps when it finally closes haha. Of course I'd be thrilled if it sold for close to asking since it would help my comps but I do think it was priced high considering they made zero effort to update the interior. It looks exactly like it did two years ago when it was last sold.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
I like this game

I generally agree with your assessment. The single-car garage may have also contributed. Also, the style isn't the most popular one out there.

I think it looks fine otherwise. Not sure why the other poster thought it should've had major updates for a home that price in Cary.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:24 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,017,106 times
Quote:
I like this game

I like that house and the corner lot would not bother me because it is a neighborhood street & cul de sac..
If I were looking in that area I would consider it..
Front isn't charming to me which is a drawback...

Old 07-30-2015, 10:32 AM

Yeah it's not so bad since it has the fenced yard so that helps mitigate how close it is to the main road for sure.

I was surprised how long it sat. It was a nurse at my doctor's office that alerted me it was under contract since apparently she wanted to put a bid on it. But other houses with similar specs have gone under contract in a day or two in this same neighborhood so it definitely made me curious what the deal with this place was!

Old 07-30-2015, 10:35 AM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
I like this game

28 DOM to contract.
Not bad for a bit of a dated house.

Last edited by Yac; 08-05-2015 at 07:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary