Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,243,813 times

Advertisements

What's your take?
It says Family Oriented, the prices are good, it says conveinent to shopping....ok, what's the catch?
Do they have yards? Is the area safe?
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I actually like the neighborhood and if I remember correctly, its a bit of a distance from the landfill. Also...there was another neighborhood right next to this one but it was a bit more pricey. And the new large neighborhood thats coming to Holly Springs is very close, as is some new shopping.

Vicki

Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I live right next door in Holly Glen (the neighborhoods are actually connected in a couple places) and I love the area. The builder, Royal Oaks, does a pretty good job and they have nice floor plans. The farther back you go in Braxton, the better the neighborhood looks IMO. The houses and lots are larger towards the back as in most neighborhoods and they have some beautiful permanent woods owned by progress energy (hundreds of acres). If you want more insight feel free to message me.

Last edited by sacredgrooves; 01-30-2008 at 08:53 AM..

Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
My wife and I checked it out before settling in where we are now. We thought the subdivision was:

A) Too Big (it has way too many homes and only one exit to Avent Ferry Rd unless you can now cut into Holly Glen which still adds to the amount of people exiting)
B) Homes were not well maintained in the older part...like there is no HOA (trampolines, stuff all over lawns, long grass etc). Things that may not effect your living there but most likely your resale value if something comes up.
C) We just did not like the floor plans for a lot of the homes plus there were a lot of homes for sale at that time (resales). Good luck with whatever you do.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 PM

275 posts, read 1,114,493 times
We looked there when we first moved to this area for a place to rent. There were a number of rentals there. It was just OK... a good place to rent, but I wouldn't own one. Very small yards with zero privacy.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:13 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
The homes at the beginning of the neighborhood were built by a different builder than the homes further back. Obviously he didn't go such a great job! There is a HOA, but its not doing a great job about having some of the residents take better care of their yard.

The clients that I had that purchased in Braxton were trying to stay under a certain amount and couldn't get into Holly Glen. They are in the back of Braxton and have met the neighbors and have only good things to say about the neighborhood.

Vicki

Old 02-21-2008, 02:23 PM

27 posts, read 129,516 times
My fraternity brother is the builder in Braxton Village. We are beginning our search for a larger home this week, and are planning a trip to Braxton Village this weekend. I will be happy to come back next week with a "report".

Old 02-21-2008, 08:40 PM

106 posts, read 502,890 times
My husband and I just signed a contract in Braxton Village for new construction! We rent in Raleigh now and I was actually very hesitant of looking in Holly Springs... until my husband convinced me to go. I love that it is far enough away from the chaos in Raleigh, but still convenient to shopping/grocery.

We started our search with a realtor looking at homes less than 5 years old and under 240K (target was 210-220)... kept coming back to Braxton Village and decided to build. They just released a new floorplan with 4 bedrooms + a loft for a decent price. We were also suprised to get over .2 acres (I was expecting .13ish) with trees in between us and the house behind us.

The neighborhood just seems very friendly. We are in our late 20's and we have 2 friends (same age) who also live in Braxton Village. I think the neighborhood is a good mix and I was glad to see alot of people my age and couples with young children. The HOA dues are cheap, but the pool does seem small for such a huge neighborhood. Probably the only drawback, but alot of neighborhoods I liked in Fuquay didn't have a pool. Overall we feel great about our final price and upgrades we received!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 4,280 times
I was told the HOA in Braxton Village only allows 2 dogs. I have three dogs but am really interested in purchasing a home there. Any thoughts from anyone?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoNC2009 View Post
I was told the HOA in Braxton Village only allows 2 dogs. I have three dogs but am really interested in purchasing a home there. Any thoughts from anyone?
Well, the first thing I'd do is get a copy of the HOA covenants and make sure that is truly the case. If it is, I guess you need to look elsewhere for a home. Dogs are a little more obvious than cats in that regard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary