Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,344,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Correct- you don't see the cars from BG but you can see them from saddle run.
Btw the smiley is because Debbie was our fabulous buyers agent!

Your comments reminded me of a neighbor who bought a home with a finished basement for her parents. Within a year thefad had a hip replacement and could no longer manage the stairs! They stay in the converted dining room! The apartment in the basement goes unused.
St Lawrence used to build a big home with a bedroom suite right inside the entrance of the home on the first floor. So there would be a bed and bath, plus living and dining room, kitchen laundry and half bath on the first floor, family bedrooms bath and bonus upstairs. We have many of themhere in bowling green and down the block in Northampton too, if you are open to a resale.
I am very open to resale..prefer it actually. The issue with that set up is that she needs to use our kitchen. She is stubborn, and wants her own space. My husband is also stubborn and wants his own space. Ahhhh, now you see why I've been in such a struggle. Initially we looked into helping her with her rent in an apartment, but that really throws our costs up there. I was having serious heart burn about the whole thing, so we switched gears to have her with us. I know there is something out there. The best would be to find a place where the formal living room is attached to said "guest suite" and we could cut a hole in the wall and connect them, and then french door them off from the rest of the house...add a small kitchenette, and be done with it. I know...wishful thinking and big undertaking. I know that there is something out there...somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary