Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 AM

161 posts, read 762,025 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have family and friends coming into town over the course of the next few weeks for the birth of my son and I'm trying to locate a nice hotel in the area where I can put them up in.

The one I ususallly put them up in has large groups in-house during that time so their rates are excessive.

Anyone use a hotel in the Raleigh/Durham (closest to Brier Creek area) that they've had good experiences with?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 11:25 AM

144 posts, read 496,809 times
Stayed at Residence Inn in Morrisville. Loved it. Free hot breakfast, Light social dinner and drinks (they had Red, White Wine and Beer). Very close to the airport. Staff was very friendly. Ample parking. Right off 40. Full Kitchen. I got a 1BR suite so I can lock kids in the bedroom (watching TV) while I get to talk to people in the front room. It was fairly priced.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 AM

46 posts, read 88,824 times
Smile Residence Inn in Morrisville or Cary

We have stayed at the Residence Inn as well. It was well worth the price. They have a great breakfast bar including hot foods. We figure we saved $50 a day on food between the breakfast bar and the evening snacks they provided. The one in Cary had evening socials where they provided something like chili or nachos during the week. We are planning to stay there again on our next trip down... wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:41 AM

Whatever you do please dont stay at Extended Stay on South Miami Blvd. Terrible. I stay a lot away from home and this IS the worst hotel I ever stayed. Most times staff would be yapping on the phone (personal calls) while you stand and wait for them to notice me. Breakfast was a joke. NO ROOM SERVICE if you stayed for less than a week.

Terrible service.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann72 View Post
We have stayed at the Residence Inn as well. It was well worth the price. They have a great breakfast bar including hot foods. We figure we saved $50 a day on food between the breakfast bar and the evening snacks they provided. The one in Cary had evening socials where they provided something like chili or nachos during the week. We are planning to stay there again on our next trip down... wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Not sure if you know it, but the price would be different if you stayed 1-3 days as oppose to 4-5 as oppose to 6 or above. I stayed for 6 nights and landed up paying a LOT less than what I would have paid for 5 nights. They were so nice to show that to me (but I asked for it though) when I checked in so I extended my stay for a day.

Not sure how it works if you book thru consolidators or thru other booking sites. I went with either direct booking and/or corporate rates which are little different.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 AM

269 posts, read 944,495 times
Residence Inn or Towne Place Suites in Cary, great experience in both hotels and each time we stayed a week.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,254 times
I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Cary (Harrison) and it's pretty nice. Free breakfast and cocktail hour, and you get a living room. I know there's also a Homewood Suites over in RTP. I've never stayed at that particular one, but I've stayed in them before and they're pretty nice as well.

Neither are Four Seasons, but they're clean and they good for families.

Edited to add: Oh yeah -- good luck with your birth. May everything go safely and easily.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 PM

502 posts, read 1,740,553 times
Our favorite hotel here is the Comfort Inn in Fuquay Varina... they have a cool do it yourself waffle maker for the continental breakfast, its clean, and its reasonably priced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary