Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:18 PM

205 posts, read 182,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
I know lots of people willing to do that line of work but cannot compete with illegals because they are paid significantly less. Those jobs sure help the economy
Read about farmers in CA and NC who cannot find enough labor to harvest their crops. Unemployment rate is below 4%...there arent many people looking for jobs and if they are Im sure theyve got a lot of options to find work. But if your friends are still struggling Im sure those farmers would love to have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 05:20 PM

205 posts, read 182,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
How do illegals pay taxes when they are paid cash and dont file tax returns? Most rent homes as well since it's hard to get a loan without documents.

Richest few? Im middle class and my taxes would have gone down $4,000 that I paid in. Tax plan seems to work really well for many people.

Turn off CNN please.
Illegals dont buy anything? They literally get paid cash and then sit on that cash and do nothing with it? They dont eat, drive cars, pay rent, buy toothpaste? Filing tax returns is not the only way to pay taxes or contribute financially to the economy, bud.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:22 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvarghese84 View Post
Illegals dont buy anything? They literally get paid cash and then sit on that cash and do nothing with it? They dont eat, drive cars, pay rent, buy toothpaste? Filing tax returns is not the only way to pay taxes or contribute financially to the economy, bud.
Doesn’t pay for schools

Old 05-25-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t support the federal government

Isn’t even the majority of tax collected in CA

“Illegals have 1/3 the tax debt leave them alone bud”

???

Old 05-25-2018, 06:07 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Mexicans in U.S. send cash home in record numbers

Old 05-25-2018, 06:21 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Read about farmers in CA and NC who cannot find enough labor to harvest their crops. Unemployment rate is below 4%...there arent many people looking for jobs and if they are Im sure theyve got a lot of options to find work. But if your friends are still struggling Im sure those farmers would love to have them.
Drive up to Ventura, CA and that is all you see for miles picking crops...

Inflation has been kept low and large ag and homebuilder profits have been kept high for decades on the backs of illegals.

Remember when sheetrock jobs paid $15/hr twenty years ago? People wonder why no one is in the trades nowadays, it's because the pay was decimated by the flood of labor coming across the boarder.

Many (wealthy and well off) benefited from it.

Immigration is so intertwined in both parties interest, that is why you've seen nothing (seriously) done to curb it...

Old 05-25-2018, 08:02 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
I'da sworn this was the Triangle forum, not politics, but I've been plenty wrong before.

But in almost every lease scenario I've ever seen ... renters don't pay a dime of property taxes on their residence.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:12 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'da sworn this was the Triangle forum, not politics, but I've been plenty wrong before.

But in almost every lease scenario I've ever seen ... renters don't pay a dime of property taxes on their residence.
I don't know if I missed something in the thread - but of course renters pay property taxes. It's just not paid directly.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:26 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Doesn’t pay for schools
Undocumented workers pay rent to a landlord who passes along their property tax burden to the tenant. This narrative that "illegals" rape the system and don't contribute is factually incorrect.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I don't know if I missed something in the thread - but of course renters pay property taxes. It's just not paid directly.
That’s not how it works. You wouldn’t say I pay the grocers property taxes when I buy groceries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary