Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:02 PM

72 posts, read 67,036 times

Advertisements

Looking for a good, reliable yet reasonably priced moving company for a move from Apex to Morrisville. Thanks in advance for any suggestions of companies you all have dealt with and trust!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
TROSA.

/endthread

(Seriously. You're going to get a bunch of people recommending TROSA. It's happened in every other thread on the same subject. Just go ahead and call them. They're excellent. And it's a great organization to support.)

Old 08-28-2018, 08:18 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
TROSA.

/endthread

(Seriously. You're going to get a bunch of people recommending TROSA. It's happened in every other thread on the same subject. Just go ahead and call them. They're excellent. And it's a great organization to support.)
This ^

TROSA

Old 08-28-2018, 08:26 PM

466 posts, read 700,731 times
I just moved to the area from Florida using All American Relocation based in Raleigh. Went well, I'll PM you with details.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:49 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
TROSA.

/endthread

Hertfordshire is 1000% correct. We've used them twice for local moves. Best moving company I've ever used (compared to too many!)

In addition to fair prices, honest workers and excellent service, you get to help one of the best local non-profits. Trosa has considerably better results than other programs that have similar goals. And they are fiscally responsible, which is definitely NOT true of many non profits.

Great company. Great cause. Successful at both.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:02 AM

72 posts, read 67,036 times
Many thanks for all of the quick replies. We will be giving TROSA a call. I especially like their company's focus and cause. Thanks again!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:34 AM

205 posts, read 182,665 times
Yes, TROSA is excellent but that also means they are potentially booked in full way in advance so call quickly, dont use the online request for info.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:49 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,380 times
Yes, TROSA is great and super efficient. They ended up being half as much as other movers who gave me a flat rate price.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Does anyone know what sort of guarantees or insurance TROSA has?

I mean, they do have a staff with some troubles in their pasts (of varying degrees) who are basically working like sharecroppers (no paycheck, but food and a place to live) to lift heavy furnishings in all kinds of potentially unpleasant weather conditions, so I was wondering if they insure merchandise, are bonded in some way, etc.

Not a criticism, just curiosity as I've never used them.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:18 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
I can't find the paperwork from my last move, but they are fully insured, licensed, and bonded, like any other moving company. It's all done very professionally, with the same contracts, inventory sheets, bills of lading, etc. that other companies use.

By the time the employees earn the right to work in these roles (yes, they have to earn it), they have shown that they are completely committed to their recovery and the duration of their program. They are FAR more professional than other moving companies I've used, likely because they know they have more to prove. They are all extremely polite and well spoken, and even as a single woman, I never felt uncomfortable around any of the employees.

For anyone who's interested in their rates, I did find the emails that quoted me $185 per hour for five guys and a truck. They quoted me for 4 hours, and it actually took closer to 3. I think it was actually over 3 hours, but they charged me for 3.

For anyone who uses them, it's important to know that any tips they are given do not go to the workers ... the money is given to TROSA as a tax deductible donation. They can't even accept money to buy lunch. They can however accept food. They worked their butts off for me in the middle of July, so I wanted to make sure they got lunch, so I had some delivered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary