Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:24 AM

256 posts, read 266,403 times

Advertisements

Hi all, we are coming down this weekend and I have 2 questions (for now)

Do any of the Cary subdivisions have sidewalks off of the main roads? If yes, could you please mention which ones?

We are staying near Amesbury, are there any good take out places there? We are renting a home, but they don't have a BBQ, and we will be out all day Sunday, was hoping to just grab something and go (bc we will be having a big lunch out). I would rather not eat Chinese bc I am very sensitive to MSG, and I hear the Pizza isn't to good...what would our other options be? (No fast food places either!)

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:30 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,266,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
Hi all, we are coming down this weekend and I have 2 questions (for now)

Do any of the Cary subdivisions have sidewalks off of the main roads? If yes, could you please mention which ones?

We are staying near Amesbury, are there any good take out places there? We are renting a home, but they don't have a BBQ, and we will be out all day Sunday, was hoping to just grab something and go (bc we will be having a big lunch out). I would rather not eat Chinese bc I am very sensitive to MSG, and I hear the Pizza isn't to good...what would our other options be? (No fast food places either!)

Thanks!!
Not sure if you're asking if there's sidewalks on the main roads, or within the subdivisions. The answer is generally both - most main roads have sidewalks, and most subdivisions have sidewalks. Older subdivisions (built before 1990's) may not have sidewalks, but it's not usually an issue. Cary overall is amazing about the whole sidewalk thing.

I'm not positive where Amesbury is - maps says it's off Cary Pkwy around High House? If so you'll have no less than 2500 options for takeout. Whatever you want, you can likely find within a 10 minute drive. There is actually a decent pizza place in that area called Johnny's Pizza.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM

256 posts, read 266,403 times
Oh, ok! We did alot of exploring already, but I can't remember about the sidewalks!!

I just may try the Pizza place, just to compare. Thank you! I guess if we just drive to downtown Cary we will find something!

Old 04-11-2019, 09:45 AM

5,877 posts, read 6,944,341 times
Quote:
We are renting a home, but they don't have a BBQ

Don't be offended when someone mentions that BBQ is something we eat here and not a grill or a verb.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM

43,267 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Amesbury is right across the street from the Fresh Market plaza.

Char-Grill for burgers and shakes, and pretty good burgers and shakes at that.
Papa Murphy's Pizza, where you can do take and bake. It is not world-class, but always fresh and cheap.
Typical Chinese take out, and it is pretty good.

Fresh Market has prepared foods for carry out, and plenty of other foodstuffs. Fresh vegetables. Pretty good meats.
Beer and wine too.

The NC ABC store is right beside Char-Grill, if you want liquors.

All walkable from Amesbury, although Amesbury doesn't have sidewalks.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM

329 posts, read 249,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Don't be offended when someone mentions that BBQ is something we eat here and not a grill or a verb.
I thought he was somehow trying to say that the house doesnt have a good bbq restaurant nearby Haha. I only realized what he meant when you said this.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:59 AM

43,267 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Oh, ok! We did alot of exploring already, but I can't remember about the sidewalks!!

I just may try the Pizza place, just to compare. Thank you! I guess if we just drive to downtown Cary we will find something!
The pizza is really only take and bake. Papa Murphy has no oven.

The sidewalks are along Waldo Rood, and other collector streets, but not in the subdivisions in that area.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 AM

888 posts, read 805,259 times
Since you're coming down that means you're up in the mountains or space. Why the need for sidewalks? Head to Redneck BBQ Lab for your ribs and other meals.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:13 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Most of the main roads in the subdivisions have sidewalks, but a lot of times only on one side.

I couldn't place Amesbury till Mike mentioned it. If you venture just another mile or so there is a the Bradford (corner of High House and Davis Drive) which has a Publix and assorted eating places and Stone Creek Village has a Harris Teeter and assorted eating establishments. Both supermarkets will have meals to go or get from the deli department. if you don't want pizza, Chinese, fast food or anything too big I'm not sure what to recommend. Tribeca Tavern does a good job with takeout.

I'm not getting involved in a BBQ debate. Or pizza, bagels or Chinese.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:15 AM

580 posts, read 711,879 times
I think I know which house you are renting- I live a few doors down and saw someone in the driveway of the AirBnB. There are tons of food options in every direction of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary