Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 10:18 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

A mile and a half north, and you will find La Farm Bakery and café.

Speaking of bagels, Brueggers is right there in that same plaza with La Farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM

256 posts, read 266,279 times
thanks all - so sorry about the BBQ abbreviation! LOL I edited my post for clarification....

Tigeru, we are coming down from NYC, not from the mountains LOL. Plenty of sidewalks where I live, but unfortunately bc of the traffic and insane drivers, my kids can only ride their bikes on our one block, and it can get pretty boring after a while. When I take them out with me, we cross over. My son is hoping he can ride his bike to get to friend's houses within the subdivision and such when we move. He is 13 and would love to do that!

Thanks for the food suggestions!

Also, I added another question =)

Old 04-11-2019, 10:31 AM

Mike -

I do wonder what the bagels are like there - would love to check out Brueggers, will add that to my list, thanks!

NYCANC - quite possibly! I am guessing you are from NYC too?

Last edited by Chapelle; 04-11-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
Mike -

I do wonder what the bagels are like there - would love to check out Brueggers, will add that to my list, thanks!

NYCANC - yup, its an airbnb on Haddonfield - if you happen to be around Sunday evening, we will be there! I am guessing you are from NYC too?
Brueggers is a chain. I don't know any better, so I have their bagels from time to time.

Twingles is smart to not get into the bagels, pizza, Chinese debates.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:01 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
You should check out the greenways while you're here as well. You can look at maps at www.townofcary.org. And you're close to Bond Park where you're staying.

And NYC2RDU always says he gets Brueggers when he has NYC friends visiting and they rave about them

The only pizza place in DT Cary is Pizza Faulisi. It's good, but not for everyone. We go to Johnny's. Their food is good too.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:21 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
You've been planning this trip for a long time, no? Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
A mile and a half north, and you will find La Farm Bakery and café.

Speaking of bagels, Brueggers is right there in that same plaza with La Farm.

Yes yes yes to La Farm but maybe temper your expectations of a bagel before you go into Brueggers.

I heard good things about NY Bagel & Deli in Cary but I haven't been there myself yet. I seem to remember few reviewers complained that the people helping them weren't that friendly and kind of moved them along which makes me think it really is run by New Yorkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You should check out the greenways while you're here as well. You can look at maps at www.townofcary.org. And you're close to Bond Park where you're staying.

And NYC2RDU always says he gets Brueggers when he has NYC friends visiting and they rave about them

The only pizza place in DT Cary is Pizza Faulisi. It's good, but not for everyone. We go to Johnny's. Their food is good too.

Yes you MUST check out greenways! When we visited from NY the first few times, we looked to experience things that weren't like NY and those certainly aren't. Lots of opportunities for open spaces, safe places for bike riding, lots of times a pond or a lake to look at.

Pizza Faulisi is thin crust, think crispy. I liked it too but I like a thicker crust so Brothers of New York in Cary was more my style. It's subjective.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:50 PM

Thank you greenie! We have been down there several times, but this is our final trip before we seriously start looking for jobs and houses. On this trip we will narrow down the subdivisions in Cary that we like, show my in laws around (my husband is driving them to Wilmington the day before I arrive there with the kids), and figure out the schools.

The woman we are renting the house from said that it is right near a greenway, and I didn't know exactly what that meant. I assumed it was a path to walk or something, but your description sounds lovely!

I am not surprised on the NY attitude at the bagel shop, I didn't expect to be able to escape it altogether!

Old 04-11-2019, 05:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Oh wow, you have a greenway really close that leads straight to Bond Park. It's probably the biggest and best park in Cary. We've been there quite a bit. As a matter of fact, we went there on one of our fact-finding trips too.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:27 PM

805 posts, read 523,514 times
If you go to the intersection of Maynard and High House, there’s Brooklyn Boys pizza, Hibachi take out, and an NC BBQ place (BBQ the food, not a grill ). There’s also amazing Himalayan food across the street, not to be missed!

Old 04-11-2019, 07:41 PM

awesome thank you! I am tempted to try a BBQ place! We don't eat much of that here - seems to be popular on the menu there! and HaHa, I think I learned my lesson on BBQ terminology!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary