Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 04:25 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Sorry, guess I heard it wrong
I didn't even realize you were trying to be serious.

This is the kind of sentiment that makes trying to have a light hearted conversation impossible.

Folks - Durham is not so dangerous that the entire city has cancelled Halloween.

FFS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 04:42 AM

174 posts, read 407,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusxiv View Post
...The giant elephant in the tiny room--- 85% of criminal offenders come from fatherless homes...
In one of my retirement gigs I deal with many "troubled people" in the area; and I could not agree more with the above; in that it infers that parental presence/influence is the issue. These problems can be stopped, but stopping them will require a major change in how both men and women currently view "parenting"; and that goes across race, economics, geography, politics, everything.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:12 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Not quite..

A neighborhood church's minister went in front of the ABC11 camera and made a plea for why he thought Halloween should be "cancelled". That is something that neither he nor any city officials would actually be able to do.

I'm trick-or-treating with my nephew in Hope Valley Farms tomorrow evening. The only thing that might threaten that being "cancelled" is the T-storm in the forecast.

To say "Halloween cancelled in D-town" ....is an egregiously inaccurate statement.
There was a reporter in last night talking about the weather today and saying Raleigh officials say Halloween is not cancelled as of now. And I thought the same thing...how do they propose to cancel it even if they wanted to!? In Durham they can’t manage the criminals and we are supposed to believe they will keep Karen and Todd’s special snowflakes off the streets?!

Old 10-31-2019, 12:18 PM

748 posts, read 1,376,663 times
[quote=twingles;56530870]There was a reporter in last night talking about the weather today and saying Raleigh officials say Halloween is not cancelled as of now. And I thought the same thing...how do they propose to cancel it even if they wanted to!? In Durham they can’t manage the criminals and we are supposed to believe they will keep Karen and Todd’s special snowflakes off the streets?![/QUOTETh

This literally made me laugh out loud. The silliest thing I have heard in a very long time.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:43 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,970,897 times
wish Durham would cancel Daylight Saving Time and just stop changing the clocks.
cancelling Halloween would work just as well.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:56 AM

735 posts, read 1,585,260 times
In the spirit of keeping the thread alive - you know you have a serious problem when you have a shooting right after the anti-violence rally: https://www.wral.com/durham-police-i...ally/18740496/

To the OP: Yes, Durham is a nest for violent crime and will continue to get worse until people start addressing the root of the problem.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:58 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post
In the spirit of keeping the thread alive - you know you have a serious problem when you have a shooting right after the anti-violence rally: https://www.wral.com/durham-police-i...ally/18740496/

To the OP: Yes, Durham is a nest for violent crime and will continue to get worse until people start addressing the root of the problem.
The root of the problem is what again, in your opinion?

Old 11-03-2019, 07:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 5,503,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post

I empathize with anyone whose life is so empty that they get a thrill out of "keeping a thread alive" about shootings in a city where they don't live.

"bbbut....if I don't bring attention to it; it will just get worse; I'm a champion for change!"

Sure. That's the motivation here.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:29 AM

329 posts, read 250,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
The root of the problem is what again, in your opinion?

Young boys raised without dads and without morals?

Same thing happens in Appalachia. You get a girl that has 10 kids with no daddy and her children go wayward. It's not surprising.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:35 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,280,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I empathize with anyone whose life is so empty that they get a thrill out of "keeping a thread alive" about shootings in a city where they don't live.

"bbbut....if I don't bring attention to it; it will just get worse; I'm a champion for change!"

Sure. That's the motivation here.
Do you only sell real estate in the town/city you live in? I would think in your field you'd want to be aware of crime patterns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary