Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Obviously "climate change" at play.
No just plain old Mother Nature ... many parts of the West enjoying record cold including Denver which had a blizzard yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 01:17 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
No just plain old Mother Nature ... many parts of the West enjoying record cold including Denver which had a blizzard yesterday.
That's climate change too, doncha' know?

Old 05-22-2019, 06:40 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Obviously "climate change" at play.
Thank goodness you are right that Climate Change is a hoax.

Just imagine if it were real; ON TOP OF all these record hot summers, record storms, increased tornadoes, 500 year floods and crazy winter storms that we've started seeing....

Old 05-22-2019, 06:42 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Just imagine if it were real; ON TOP OF all these record hot summers, record storms, increased tornadoes, 500 year floods and crazy winter storms that we've started seeing....
Lol you covered them all. There's officially not a single weather event that can happen that isn't due to climate change.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:51 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Earth used to be 10-15* warmer too...it will, I'm sure, revisit that in the future.

Humans as we know them will also be extinct, just like the previous version of us is today.

Just live your life, it will be ok.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Earth used to be 10-15* warmer too...it will, I'm sure, revisit that in the future.
^True, but it happened over 10's of thousands of years, instead of 150 years.

Quote:
Humans as we know them will also be extinct, just like the previous version of us is today.

I absolutely agree with you on this, and it's why I don't get hysterical about the comment I made above. I am (opinion, but based on what I consider solid facts) CONVINCED that humans have had a major impact on the earth in the past 150-200 years. It's inevitable, and in fact we are living above our means. Without all that we are doing, the earth would not be able to support 8 billion people. That said, you are right. If it's not this, then something else will change the course of our destiny, and at some point in the relatively near future, we'll be extinct, yet the earth and the universe will live on.

I don't get too carried away, but I do try to do what I can to contribute as little as possible, without crossing the threshhold of making my existence miserable. (I still use my AC, eat the hell out of some meat, drive my car, and occasionally throw my yogurt container in the trash instead of the recycling...) I do believe it is misinformed to completely deny we are making an unprecedented impact on the earth. My belief is that it's better to recognize it, understand it, and do what we can within reason to not pile on. Denying it is just as bad as trying to live your life (or force others to) under a rock.

Carry on. It's all good. I'm going to eat some pork and pass some gas now, then I'll ride my bike to even it all out.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
It's cloudy here in Sanford. Hopefully, we get some rain, we're starting to need it. The forecast calls for sun for the next week and a half, I hope they're wrong again this time.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:22 AM

4,540 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
…..

Well, I guess that's correct. Another lifeform may have already gone through these issues on another planet somewhere in the universe and they just ran their course (or fate). Totally possible since the universe is billions of years old. Wonder what solutions they came up with in regards to the greenhouse effect?

Old 05-22-2019, 02:52 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
When i stop and really think about the Universe it's almost insane to think we humans on tiny earth (a grain of sand in the ocean) are the ONLY ones who can see it. The human cycle of life on earth is a zeptosecond in Universe time.

Probably many (millions) of intelligent races have come and gone in the Universe and probably most destroyed themselves one way or the other..... Too heavy, I'm just going to worry about the heat this weekend and save the rest for another day.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:54 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
When i stop and really think about the Universe it's almost insane to think we humans on tiny earth (a grain of sand in the ocean) are the ONLY ones who can see it. The human cycle of life on earth is a zeptosecond in Universe time.

Probably many (millions) of intelligent races have come and gone in the Universe and probably most destroyed themselves one way or the other..... Too heavy, I'm just going to worry about the heat this weekend and save the rest for another day.
Yep, earth will be here with out without us. Just live life. We are just a blip in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary