Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:39 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Thanks. We have other places to keep our bees so my husband says it is not a deal breaker but the options we have are in Apex. We have been in the triangle area for 6 years and still dont have a clue where we belong here. The longer we wait the more we cant afford to be here. LOL

You may be surprised. As I said, the exact verbiage in the HOA Bylaws is super vague. But given some of the stuff I have seen them do in our 3 years here, it wouldn't surprise me if they leave it open to provide maximum air cover.

I mean the HOA had my neighbor rip up a outdoor cooking space/hardscape because two inches of the grill was viewable from the street in front of their house (extended beyond the footprint of their house). Meanwhile, I have 12 feet of hardscape that extends beyond the footprint of my home :confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 11:00 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
You may be surprised. As I said, the exact verbiage in the HOA Bylaws is super vague. But given some of the stuff I have seen them do in our 3 years here, it wouldn't surprise me if they leave it open to provide maximum air cover.

I mean the HOA had my neighbor rip up a outdoor cooking space/hardscape because two inches of the grill was viewable from the street in front of their house (extended beyond the footprint of their house). Meanwhile, I have 12 feet of hardscape that extends beyond the footprint of my home :confused.
This is why I have never wanted to live in an HOA. My husband is from the UK and he wouldnt take well to all of these silly rules. Hmmm

Old 02-04-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
This is why I have never wanted to live in an HOA. My husband is from the UK and he wouldnt take well to all of these silly rules. Hmmm

I take the good with the bad.

If I have to follow silly rules around paint color and pulling out trees but the trade off is I don't have to look at unkempt yards or Meth/Oxy Zombie dens with kids who run into the street in front of cars trying to get hit for insurance money like I did at our place in MA, then it's an easy trade (for me, YMMV)

Old 02-04-2020, 11:30 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times
Quote:

If I have to follow silly rules around paint color and pulling out trees but the trade off is I don't have to look at unkempt yards or Meth/Oxy Zombie dens with kids who run into the street in front of cars trying to get hit for insurance money like I did at our place in MA, then it's an easy trade (for me, YMMV)
I guess I have always been lucky. Especially in our current home. All of the houses on our street are well maintained and it is always quiet and nothing shady going on. I have never lived in an HOA development here or in FL. Never had issues with my neighbors or the neighborhood. I guess theres pros and cons to everywhere.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I guess I have always been lucky. Especially in our current home. All of the houses on our street are well maintained and it is always quiet and nothing shady going on. I have never lived in an HOA development here or in FL. Never had issues with my neighbors or the neighborhood. I guess theres pros and cons to everywhere.

Absolutely. Good and bad everywhere. Our house here would be close to 800K in the area of MA we left. So we were a completely different reality there.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:38 PM

26 posts, read 21,870 times
Quote:

It's strange to me that people think a place will surely deteriorate without an HOA. There are virtually no HOA neighborhoods in LI and places near NYC and those places are well kept and high value. They were not always as expensive as they are now but they never had crackheads.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartData View Post
It's strange to me that people think a place will surely deteriorate without an HOA. There are virtually no HOA neighborhoods in LI and places near NYC and those places are well kept and high value. They were not always as expensive as they are now but they never had crackheads.

Ummmmmm.... where did I state that Heritage "will surely deteriorate without an HOA"?

Old 02-06-2021, 10:06 PM

23 posts, read 16,915 times
Can you send that report to me, I'm interested in reading it as well.
Thanks

Old 02-07-2021, 06:35 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,866,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartData View Post
Well you never saw my old house, then. We lived in a lovely neighborhood in Old Bethpage. It was lovely except for our next door neighbors. It was an older couple whose grown, crazy son moved in with them. He had several cars under car covers. The landscaping was overgrown, which we came to appreciate as the trees partially blocked our view. He would yell at his equally crazy wife and throw things in the backyard.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:55 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
I showed a house several years ago. Cute house.
Neighbors' side yard chain link fence went up to within about 10' of the porch.
Two pitbulls chained up, and they fit all the negative connotations of "pit bull."
One was chained to the dog house, which had a beer keg on top of it. He was dragging the dog house around. I don't have a clue why the keg didn't fall off.
Both dogs barking their heads off, and Keg House Dog dragged the thing over closer to the fence.

Cute house. I felt terrible for the sellers. We were there for about 90 seconds.

No HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary