Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 07:20 PM

628 posts, read 399,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
You can be against police brutality AND not want to see wanton destruction and murder in the city where you live.
Yeah, I know. Thanks so much for that blinding glimpse of the obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Believe in facts not narratives.
You should too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 07:27 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Yeah, I know. Thanks so much for that blinding glimpse of the obvious.

You should too.

What have I said that has been false? Have you not been paying attention over the last four days? The last four decades? Please show me the Antifa or BLM compassion in any of the cities that are currently on fire. Please show me where they are clamoring for peaceful coexistence. All police are a target according to their own comments, Twitter feed, forums, interviews, etc. going back years. Actually, anyone that doesn't support them is a target.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:40 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
Shoutout to Durham for as of 9:40 pm having completely peaceful protests.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:44 PM

598 posts, read 333,432 times
All of these protests have started off peaceful. At some point, additional people start showing up to cause destruction and chaos. Those people do not represent the ones who had been protesting peacefully. What I want to know is where those people are coming from. I do not think they are generally residents of the cities having the protests. I am worried about Durham now, I was happy they had the protest during the day and that it ended before anything bad happened.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:53 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
I am worried about Durham now, I was happy they had the protest during the day and that it ended before anything bad happened.
It started again at 9 pm (that was planned), but the organizers very firmly want it to remain peaceful. That doesn't mean that it will, but that's the intent...here's hoping. So far it is.

https://twitter.com/LukeDeCock/statu...08812805627905

Old 05-30-2020, 08:03 PM

598 posts, read 333,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
It started again at 9 pm (that was planned), but the organizers very firmly want it to remain peaceful. That doesn't mean that it will, but that's the intent
That has been the intent of most of these protests. Something is turning them the other way as they go on.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:04 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,503,397 times
It would appear things escalated...tear gas, looting, broken windows, destroying police cars...hopefully no fires
https://www.reddit.com/r/raleigh/com...m_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/raleigh/com...m_source=share

Old 05-30-2020, 08:17 PM

Destroying someone's ability to get their meds makes me want to take your concerns seriously! (This is from the WRAL article).

10:00 p.m.: People have begun breaking glass all down Fayetteville Street, looting stores and buildings including the CVS, the Raleigh Building and Morning Times coffee shop.

9:50 p.m.: People from the protest have broken the windows and doors at CVS in downtown Raleigh on Fayetteville Street and Hargett Street. They appear to be looting.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post
That has been the intent of most of these protests. Something is turning them the other way as they go on.

Mob mentality. Antifa/BLM/womever stokes the anger and the rest follow through. There aren't enough legitimately peaceful protesters to stop it and those that try are threatened/beaten down.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 PM

66 posts, read 37,003 times
Having the police play nice and hold back is obviously not working. Ask the nearly 200 business owners in Minneapolis that were looted and/or burned to the ground.
Now it’s starting literally in our back yard. I just watched them try to torch a downtown Raleigh CVS live on tv several minutes ago.
Time to step up the police response, arresting theses DOMESTIC TERRORISTS and throwing them in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary