Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 10:39 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,276,961 times

Advertisements

Wake has actually been seeing downward trends over the past couple weeks. So far not very affected by the latest "wave":

https://covid19.wakegov.com/about-the-data/

I don't really get how hospitalizations stay exactly the same for 2 weeks, but hey whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 03:58 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,457,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Wake has actually been seeing downward trends over the past couple weeks. So far not very affected by the latest "wave":

I don't really get how hospitalizations stay exactly the same for 2 weeks, but hey whatever.
My wife went to a new doctor recently to get a second opinion. After competing the preqs and giving info to the nurse, she was ushered into an exam room.

The first two questions the doctor asked her? Not, how are you, or what is your name...

It was:
  1. Where do you live
  2. What do you do for work

She wanted to know how much she could shake my wife down using insurance money. Effing sickening.

I'm not for Medicare for all but something absolutely has to change and it wouldn't break my heart if the money train ended for healthcare. Too many pigs at the trough.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:20 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,873,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
My wife went to a new doctor recently to get a second opinion. After competing the preqs and giving info to the nurse, she was ushered into an exam room.

The first two questions the doctor asked her? Not, how are you, or what is your name...

It was:
  1. Where do you live
  2. What do you do for work

She wanted to know how much she could shake my wife down using insurance money. Effing sickening.

I'm not for Medicare for all but something absolutely has to change and it wouldn't break my heart if the money train ended for healthcare. Too many pigs at the trough.
That sounds just wrong. If asked that I might answer with the question of why do you want to know and give vague answers. Not sure what the ramifications would be.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:35 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:

given the oversimplification of what we're being presented - the above abt constant hospitalizations, simple but weird straight trend lines drawn on ER visits and case/death totals - I sure hope the actual county Government folks and WCPSS are using more info than they're putting out. Frankly, it's disappointing that in a relatively advanced county like ours that the presentation isn't more thorough and accurate.

2% of Wake County residents have tested positive since March
1.3% death rate of positive tests since March

hospitalizations ~ 1.4% of cases over the last 30 days
deaths ~ 0.3% of cases last 30 days
consistently below 5% positivity

we'll hit the 20K cases reported today, so be prepared for that NEWS ALERT

Old 10-21-2020, 11:09 AM

Is it weird that the daily numbers come out very late almost every time Cooper has a Covid press conference?

Old 10-21-2020, 12:09 PM

DHHS has added hospitalization demographics:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard...n-demographics

Old 10-21-2020, 12:12 PM

498 posts, read 854,456 times
Quote:
Is it weird that the daily numbers come out very late almost every time Cooper has a Covid press conference?
Yes, yes it is. But it's every time so it's expected. He needs the extra time to make up his own graph.

Here is my latest 7 day rolling average of NC dates by date of deaths (not reported date). The last two weeks is NOT included since that data will change the most. This includes both the PCR and antigen positive deaths.

The way the news hypes "new cases" and "reported deaths" drives me crazy cakes! "Cases" based on the PCR test are useless (The more I look into them the more and more meaningless they become to the point of fraud). Add in the fact that they are using reported date as opposed to date the test was taken and it's a miracle my TV has survived.
Attached Thumbnails
COVID-19 in the Triangle: No Politics, Read the Rules Before Posting-nc-7-day-rolling-average-deaths.png  

Old 10-21-2020, 01:12 PM

242 posts, read 150,496 times
Quote:

I'd like to know at what point someone who had a positive COVID test would no longer be a COVID hospitalization.

While ICU is up slightly, it is still hovering around that 300+/- line that it has been at since May.

If I was positive in June, and am now in the hospital in October for ... knee surgery ... am I a COVID hospitalization? What is the cutoff?

But this case wave, does seem to be the rural wave. Wake is seemingly doing well and the hospitals coalitions that mostly serve Wake (CapRAC and MCRHC) don't seem to be doing too bad numbers wise.

I still think there is a solid hospitalization floor based on allotted space.

Hopefully, the rural wave settles soon and the state continues to try and get a handle on congregate facilities where still over 7 months into this, the vast majority of the deaths from C19 are happening.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:48 PM

498 posts, read 854,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2land View Post
I'd like to know at what point someone who had a positive COVID test would no longer be a COVID hospitalization.

While ICU is up slightly, it is still hovering around that 300+/- line that it has been at since May.

If I was positive in June, and am now in the hospital in October for ... knee surgery ... am I a COVID hospitalization? What is the cutoff?
I was wondering that as well. How do we get an answer? I doubt the media will ask this of Cooper and Cohen.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:16 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
DHHS has added hospitalization demographics:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard...n-demographics
wait.

81% of CASES have been 65+ in NC?

95% 50 or older (I am 54)?

77% of all hospitalizations are 50+?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary