Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 07:49 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,289,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
No. But there is a gulf of difference between “testing every 2-3 days” and “did you meet all seven of these qualifiers?”

Point is, you can do your due diligence without going all the way to testing every 2-3 days.

Got exposed. Knew we had plans for the Holidays. Got tested. Told the hosts “hey we were exposed. We have tested, we are negative. We will stay home”… “F that, we ain’t skeered” “Cool see you Saturday”
and I didn't say anyone needed to "meet all seven qualifiers". Heck I don't even know if there were 7.

I see perhaps I have missed the in-post transition from individual to "the population at large" again.

I was speaking for the 2 on WRAL and others - including my own situation - not your individual situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 08:04 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,289,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
More on the testing - the organization behind the testing is called Mako Health, who use Luminate Health as a portal for getting your test results.

Other tests I've done did not require the amount of personal information that this site is requesting before I get my results. I got confirmation emails when registering for the tests, but no email notifications that the tests are in yet. There is the possibility they are still overloaded and it will come right after I post this, but...

Keen to know if anyone has used either Mako or Luminate.

While they are HIPAA compliant according to their website, I did hesitate to put all my personal information into their site, which includes SS# last 4, name, address, phone number, DOB, gender, etc.

https://mako.luminatehealth.com/

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-test-results/
and so it begins?

I think I bolded only those that aren't "already" part of the testing process. As I said, I've only tested 2x.

Unless it's required, I have no need to test my HS junior. Until she becomes symptomatic or has serious exposure to an infected individual.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:45 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,880,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
and so it begins?

I think I bolded only those that aren't "already" part of the testing process. As I said, I've only tested 2x.

Unless it's required, I have no need to test my HS junior. Until she becomes symptomatic or has serious exposure to an infected individual.
The tests I did before with Radeas Labs and LHI Care did not require (but asked for) full names, full address, and either / or an email address for verification. I used an anonymous email address and didn't use my phone number.

This time, being in the long queue, fumbling with two registrations on the phone, coming up on our turn to get tested, I choked and put in all the info they asked for, though for that they didn't ask SS# info.

Am seeing if I can get the results via email and not having to register on their site.

So this was the no-appointment Word of God testing, the appointment-required Wake testing was different and less intrusive. Lesson learned.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:31 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,311,958 times
So Duke isn't allowing students into classrooms, but 9k fans can gather in Cameron.

Coach K says probably no handshake line for a while, after playing a game that involves bumping into each other, sweating on each other, breathing on each other, etc.

Man the covid logic is just getting exhausting. It's so bad that even the WRAL anchor made a jab at it tonight. We probably won't see him around much longer.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:33 AM

3,732 posts, read 2,070,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
So Duke isn't allowing students into classrooms, but 9k fans can gather in Cameron.

Coach K says probably no handshake line for a while, after playing a game that involves bumping into each other, sweating on each other, breathing on each other, etc.

Man the covid logic is just getting exhausting. It's so bad that even the WRAL anchor made a jab at it tonight. We probably won't see him around much longer.

Ya its tough to square those two things from a Public Health POV.

But it's college athletics....gotta make that cheddar.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:59 AM

Covid+ healthcare workers brought back in in RI:

https://www.wpri.com/target-12/covid...-rhode-island/

Old 01-04-2022, 10:27 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,954,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Covid+ healthcare workers brought back in in RI:

https://www.wpri.com/target-12/covid...-rhode-island/
I wonder if there will be any transparency so that the patient can decide whether or not they want to be treated by one (highly doubt it). I would definitely like to know before being around a Covid+ healthcare provider and I wouldn't want an elderly loved one that was in a nursing home to be around any of them.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I wonder if there will be any transparency so that the patient can decide whether or not they want to be treated by one (highly doubt it). I would definitely like to know before being around a Covid+ healthcare provider and I wouldn't want an elderly loved one that was in a nursing home to be around any of them.
I didn't read the whole article, but my assumption would be that Covid+ staff only work with Covid+ patients.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:54 AM

1,342 posts, read 734,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Literally "why"?

If the party was < 7 days ago, and you absolutely know a person tested positive after the party, and you were chatting with them face to face for a while ... and you have to go to work tomorrow/next day? Sure. But do you see the qualifiers? Do you have some science-driven issue with those qualifiers?

But in the same space as some unidentified person you "heard" tested positive? And you're vaxxed and maybe even boosted? And have no symptoms? And you're not going to work or school (no idea where "school" came from) in the next 2-3 days? The people interviewed named not one of your conditions.

And that's why I ask "why?"
"Literally why?" Because the Kidd Rd interviewee indicated that they may have been exposed at a gathering over the holidays and wanted to see if they had it. Seems like sensible reason to get tested to me, and I took it at face value. You seem suspicious of them for some reason though, but it doesn't sound like they actually gave a lot of information which is understandable since it was just a little exchange with a reporter at a testing site.

Unless you omitted a whole bunch of stuff from your original post, you just seem to be speculating now about the circumstances surrounding their exposure and how they learned about it and what their plans are over the coming days and what their vaccination status is and if the people they may have had contact with were "unidentified" to them or not. You also seem to be assuming because they said they "heard" about it that they don't "know." But that doesn't make any sense because they wouldn't "know" if they hadn't "heard."

And "schools" came from me saying "I'd hope anyone planning on going back to work or school would have the sense to get tested as they did" meaning I hope people in general would do as the Kidd Rd person did and get tested after known exposure before going about their lives and going back to "school" and work. I'm pretty sure it's expected at this point.

Anecdotally, I will offer up that my friend's daughter tested positive at school one day and immediately started isolating. She was not symptomatic at the time but several days later did develop symptoms. Her positive test and subsequent isolating while she was still asymptomatic at least reduced the risk of her passing the virus along to others including some elderly relatives they were planning on visiting. Fortunately no one else in the family tested positive which may have happened anyway, or maybe not. But the testing didn't hurt.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:19 AM

More and more every day I honestly think this country at this point needs to make an actual effort to stop giving Covid so much attention. We need to stop all this testing, and go back to staying at home when you're sick. If you're sick and want to go get tested, you can do so by contacting your doctor. Otherwise you stay at home until you're better. If you're sick enoguh to go to the doctor, you go to the doctor. You'd be surprised how much less fear there would be if you aren't constantly bombarded with it.

I just don't see how this can continue. The economy is going to collapse if we keep going on like this. Businesses are struggling once again due to staffing issues, many of which are people that are incidentally testing positive, and likely many that are just taking advantage of the situation. Inflation is through the roof, entry level workers are making 15+ dollars an hour thinking they're doing well, when in reality most of that is cancelled out by the extreme inflation.

It's just crazy that we've gotten to this point. With the latest variant, the VAST MAJORITY of vaccinated people get A COLD at best. With ANY virus there will be people that enter the hospital. This virus is no different, except we're tracking it so closely that we're actually counting people who are in the hospital for DIFFERENT REASONS that incidentally test positive. I realize it's an issue if hospitals get overcrowded, but hospitals get overcrowded all the time. If we're exceeding the typical overcrowding, then maybe it's time for the government to stop wasting so much money on all these tests and step in and open hospitals to help out. I cannot even IMAGINE how much money has been spent by the government on all this testing.

Sorry for the full-blown rant, it's just gotten so ridiculous, almost embarrassing. We have schools with classes shut down, but that same school has 9k people in a damn arena watching a basketball game. We have people in restaurants and bars EVERY SINGLE DAY, yet we have kids sitting on curbs eating lunch outside at school. We have politicians making rules, and then breaking them themselves. There is so much hypocrisy and inconsistency, it's just gotten completely out of control.

Lets put an end to this. It's time - we have the variant to do it with.

/rant (yes I'm back to work today and even crankier than normal)

Last edited by m378; 01-04-2022 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary