Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 02:33 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I meant to update as well...it's like we're Covid kin.

Went to what was discovered to be a superspreader event on June 4, reports started flooding in June 7. Wife was convinced she had it, I had to go find tests (took me 4 stores). She was negative. Next day, I started feeling "fevery" - hot and exhausted, but I was outside in the heat, so didn't think that much about it. Woke up the next day with a weird bad cough. Hot pink test line in 5 minutes. Sequestered in the basement, took a 4 hour nap that afternoon, felt 90% better. Went to WakeMed site Monday, tested positive again/still. But since I never had a fever, my quarantine was 1 more day and then a mask indoors in public for rest of week. The cough lingered about a week. Wife, despite being convinced she had it, never tested positive until 6/15.
Quote:
I haven't heard of anybody with Omicron having loss of taste/smell, and "lingering effects" I can count on 1 hand.

I should have said, when I say "superspreader event", this was an indoor band party with 600-700 people. 1/2 the crowd under 25 and I never heard of any of them getting sick after the event. It was all the parents & grandparents.
Everyone is fully recovered a few months out of this point. No "long COVID" in our house. My experience was never anything more than a head cold. Wife had the chest cough. Daughter puked for two days with a fever. Son had a fever but as long as he had his iPad and Roblox, he was happy as a pig in you know what.

I did end up losing my sense of smell and taste. Both back now, seemingly to full capacity, but foods do taste different post infection. Who knows.

Hope your brood is fully recovered as well Bo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 04:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Everyone is fully recovered a few months out of this point. No "long COVID" in our house. My experience was never anything more than a head cold. Wife had the chest cough. Daughter puked for two days with a fever. Son had a fever but as long as he had his iPad and Roblox, he was happy as a pig in you know what.

I did end up losing my sense of smell and taste. Both back now, seemingly to full capacity, but foods do taste different post infection. Who knows.

Hope your brood is fully recovered as well Bo.
indeed we are, and glad to hear yours is as almost 100% as well. You should go eat some livermush or chitlings to test that smell/taste capacity.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
indeed we are, and glad to hear yours is as almost 100% as well. You should go eat some livermush or chitlings to test that smell/taste capacity.

LOL.....I'll....ummm....pass.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:28 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,942,286 times
I’m still running from COVID, but I know sooner or later it’s going to catch up with me

Old 08-14-2022, 12:03 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,072,201 times
Our whole family took our turn a few weeks ago. Wife and I both vaxxed and boosted. 3-4 days of heavy fatigue with cough. Our kids aren’t vaxxed and barely missed a beat. 1 day with fatigue, 2-3 days with runny nose. Begging to go back to school by Day 5.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:29 AM

370 posts, read 230,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Our whole family took our turn a few weeks ago. Wife and I both vaxxed and boosted. 3-4 days of heavy fatigue with cough. Our kids aren’t vaxxed and barely missed a beat. 1 day with fatigue, 2-3 days with runny nose. Begging to go back to school by Day 5.
The CDC is no longer making a distinction in its guidelines between vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. It is assumed that 95% of the population has some level of immunity, whether through vaccination or infection, making vaccination less important that ever before.

Old 08-18-2022, 03:22 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,509,299 times
11/23 people in my department at work are out with covid. I'm supposed to be flying to NYC next Wednesday...this is the most cautious I've been in 2 years

Old 08-25-2022, 12:01 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
11/23 people in my department at work are out with covid. I'm supposed to be flying to NYC next Wednesday...this is the most cautious I've been in 2 years
How'd it go?

Old 08-25-2022, 03:49 PM

9,781 posts, read 15,805,907 times
Well Covid has finally hit our home. Two of my children and I all tested positive this morning.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Well Covid has finally hit our home. Two of my children and I all tested positive this morning.

Good luck to you and the fam mich.

Hoping you guys experience what seems to be the usual Omicron symptoms (which were more annoying than scary in my house).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary