Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 06:08 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Ever heard of a spread called pimento cheese? It pretty big here. Basically made of pimento peppers - they are kinda round, sweet peppers that remind me of paprika but less overpowering. Pretty versatile pepper really.
Yeah i have heard of pimento. Do I know wht it tastes like? Not yet.

Do I want to try it? Hell yeah. Looks like it would make the mac n cheese creamier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchchile View Post
i recommend you go to true flavors diner instead of dame’s. Their lakewood area restaurant had to shut down due to covid. So you have to go to the original location, hwy 55. If you want to check something out in durham, come for lunch and go to saltbox. Lowkey and really good fast seafood, true durham gem.
+1

Old 06-26-2021, 06:47 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Boston native here and I have never heard anyone use BOS (and hell no to Beantown)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Back on subject - Pierre - of those places you mentioned, Andia's, The Parlour, Maple View - which are more ice creamy-y and less sweet and less custard-y? While Goodberry's is ok once or twice a year, we like 'regular' ice cream much better. You may be too young to know how good Breyers was when it was good (it's been awful for decades since Unilever ruined a good thing), I'm always in search of something close to how Breyers was.
Give Andia's a try - that's the first thing that came to mind with your question (if I interpreted it right)

Fun fact but pimento cheese was invented in New York, the southerners perfected it though

Old 06-26-2021, 08:13 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Now Pimento Mac n Cheese. Is thag much different from regular mac n cheese? Is it baked?
It’s a baked mac and cheese, made with pimento cheese. I especially love their version, because it’s made with eggs and has a slight custard texture.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:29 AM

563 posts, read 955,198 times
Quote:
Yes. Its very very common for someone in the Northeast to shorthand cities as airport codes or refer to anywhere around the metro as the city. Ie. visit BOS campaign. PHL for philly.
No, it is not common at all. I grew up in the Northeast and never heard anyone call Boston BOS, Philadelphia PHL, or the Triangle RDU. We always referred to the city by its name, not the airport code.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:24 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
No, it is not common at all. I grew up in the Northeast and never heard anyone call Boston BOS, Philadelphia PHL, or the Triangle RDU. We always referred to the city by its name, not the airport code.
Same...never heard anyone refer to PHL or BOS except online cause it's shorter to type. No one says that though.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
Weve passed that debate, i posted a link to city vs city forum where people are actively doing so. People do short hand it, you may not see it typed out of this forum especially if you arent in an airline family. Whether its right or wrong, at the end of the day, nobody is doing it to be rude or dismissive

Please return to the original topic. Thank you!

Old 06-27-2021, 01:42 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
Quote:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...l-nc-vs-5.html Yeah as you can tell in the city vs city forum, RDU just refers to anything Wake/Orange/Durham and Chatham county lol. Not just me. Not saying its right, but RDU is definitely branded as the whole Triangle region, outside the Triangle. lol. I try to say Triangle now, but I still talk in airport codes or stuff like RDU or TPA to describe a region.

Also good suggestions from everyone so far. I joined the FB group above and will. I noticed the food so far in the triangle is very good for a metro its size. Like much better than you would think...
But it makes little sense to anyone that lives here. If I was asked for food suggestions in the RDU area, I’d suggest Angus Barn or something in Briar Creek. I’d never think of something on Franklin Street or in Garner. Anyone that brands the area as RDU has no understanding of how people here think or communicate. If someone used RDU as shorthand for the region, I’d assume they were a business traveler who never left a 5-mile radius around the Park and airport.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
But it makes little sense to anyone that lives here. If I was asked for food suggestions in the RDU area, I’d suggest Angus Barn or something in Briar Creek. I’d never think of something on Franklin Street or in Garner. Anyone that brands the area as RDU has no understanding of how people here think or communicate. If someone used RDU as shorthand for the region, I’d assume they were a business traveler who never left a 5-mile radius around the Park and airport.
Yeah again thats my point. Im not saying it was right. Im literally agreeing with it, but im trying to move away from that topic on here. Im just saying people do short hand metro areas like that. I travel quite a lot so my groupchats and texts are almost always shorthand IATAs. And for the sake of the thread im using triangle to differentiate.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:19 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
The thread title still says RDU (and you even say you live near the airport in the op just to keep things blurry). But you also say “all of the Triangle”, so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary