Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 12:03 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times

Advertisements

Without knowing how much you have to put down we can't provide much info for a $1K mortgage payment. I'm also hoping this $1K is just for the mortgage payment and that you will have funds in your budget for homeowners insurance, taxes and possibly HOA fees. So it probably would be more helpful to know what purchase price you are looking for as well as any things that would be a deal breaker for you (well, septic, too remote, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 12:52 PM

47 posts, read 51,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Without knowing how much you have to put down we can't provide much info for a $1K mortgage payment. I'm also hoping this $1K is just for the mortgage payment and that you will have funds in your budget for homeowners insurance, taxes and possibly HOA fees. So it probably would be more helpful to know what purchase price you are looking for as well as any things that would be a deal breaker for you (well, septic, too remote, etc).

So the mortgage payment does not also have some going to escrow for the taxes , homeowners insurance. I will be doing FHA and the money at down is between 10,000--18.000. We can not be too remote as we work from home and will need good internet not wifi.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:55 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Yes, there more reasonable homes in towns like Wilson east of the Triangle. Your property taxes will probably be lower than in Texas, so you might spend more on the mortgage.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Yes, there more reasonable homes in towns like Wilson east of the Triangle. Your property taxes will probably be lower than in Texas, so you might spend more on the mortgage.

That is what I was thinking also. I am originally from Maryland and miss the seasons.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:10 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephsmom93 View Post
Have been looking on realtor.com and there is some reasonable homes between Raleigh and the coast. I was looking to the east side of Raleigh is that not right.
You should be posting in the NC city-data forum. This one is specific to the Triangle area, and you can't buy anything around here with your budget.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
You should be posting in the NC city-data forum. This one is specific to the Triangle area, and you can't buy anything around here with your budget.
So you are saying Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill are very expense. I thought Charlotte was the expense area. So if I am looking in towns or cities around those 3 I should post in NC general?

Old 01-26-2022, 03:01 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
So you are saying Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill are very expense. I thought Charlotte was the expense area. So if I am looking in towns or cities around those 3 I should post in NC general?
Any urban area is going to be expensive compared to non-urban areas. Raleigh is really rising in costs right now with so many companies relocating near here especially (Apple, Google). Here is an active thread on the housing costs in the Raleigh area.

Have you read the pinned thread at the top of this post that is recommended for anyone before starting a new thread?

Have you ever been to this area at all?

Old 01-26-2022, 03:10 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
Figure out what price home you think you can afford at current interest rates. I’m still unclear by your earlier post if $1000/mo is just P+I or includes more. I’m guessing you are sub-$200K, regardless. There’s almost zero available in the Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte areas for that. If you need a larger town/city, perhaps the Triad (Winston-Salem, High Point, Greensboro), or Fayetteville would work for you. Much less expensive properties there.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Any urban area is going to be expensive compared to non-urban areas. Raleigh is really rising in costs right now with so many companies relocating near here especially (Apple, Google). Here is an active thread on the housing costs in the Raleigh area.

Have you read the pinned thread at the top of this post that is recommended for anyone before starting a new thread?

Have you ever been to this area at all?
I has been some years but yes I have been to the area and I have friends that are in the Winston-Salem area and some are in the Sanford area. Sorry that I was posting in the wrong place. Was not looking for a home in Raleigh but the areas around. Also as I do not want to be in the mountains or near Charlotte that is why I posted here.

Old 01-27-2022, 06:23 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
Quote:
Have you even googled homes for sale on <location> before jumping straight to this sub forum? Even a glance at a local news site? This will tell you all you need to know. You seem to be coming in woth 0 information. This is one of the fastest growing (in both size and price) areas of the country!

To stay in your price range, you're going to be out in a very rural area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary