Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 02:04 AM

47 posts, read 51,193 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am going to be single again after 11 years of marriage. My daughter 28 and myself are looking for a great area to live as we are in Texas and miss the seasons. We would like to be near the triangle area as we both have work from home jobs and need good internet. Right now we have spectrum and will be bring the internet equipment with us. Would love to purchase a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home as we will be bringing our 3 hound dogs with us. Any advice of area that is better then others will be very helpful.

Thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 05:31 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Any place will do, really, as you have not mentioned anything about budget, distance to activities you enjoy participating in, etc. Most of the suburban areas around here have good internet, along with availability of 3-2-2 homes. Please provide more info to help us narrow down the possibilities

Old 01-25-2022, 05:56 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Budget?

Old 01-25-2022, 07:18 AM

Sorry I did forgot to say that we can do up to 1,000 a month for the home. I will be bringing my 2004 Nissan Sentra as it is paid off. Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:37 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephsmom93 View Post
Sorry I did forgot to say that we can do up to 1,000 a month for the home. I will be bringing my 2004 Nissan Sentra as it is paid off. Hope this helps.
Sorry, but I'll be Debbie Downer.

That budget isn't going to be adequate. It won't cover a 1 bedroom apartment, let alone a 3/2 SFR. 3 hound dogs? A landlords nightmare.

This is a very car centric area. I'd hesitate relying on a 18 year old car.

(Regardless of where you might move, you can't be sure that Spectrum will be your best choice for internet. Unless you own them, leave the spectrum equipment behind.)

Old 01-25-2022, 08:50 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Your status says "east side of NC"....if that means you are open to being well to the east of Raleigh; closer to Wilson/Rocky Mount/Goldsboro.... you may be able to find a 3/2 sfh for around $1000/month. But that is unfortunately not a realistic budget at all in the greater Triangle area.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 AM

222 posts, read 218,945 times
Hi,
Your post says "North Carolina area." That is a huge chunk of area. Do you mean Triangle area? If so, you'll need double the budget.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Your status says "east side of NC"....if that means you are open to being well to the east of Raleigh; closer to Wilson/Rocky Mount/Goldsboro.... you may be able to find a 3/2 sfh for around $1000/month. But that is unfortunately not a realistic budget at all in the greater Triangle area.

Yes and I would be looking to purchase as will be selling my home in southern Texas. My mortgage right now is around 1,000 a month and would like to stay in that. Thank you for your answer.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Sorry, but I'll be Debbie Downer.

That budget isn't going to be adequate. It won't cover a 1 bedroom apartment, let alone a 3/2 SFR. 3 hound dogs? A landlords nightmare.

This is a very car centric area. I'd hesitate relying on a 18 year old car.

(Regardless of where you might move, you can't be sure that Spectrum will be your best choice for internet. Unless you own them, leave the spectrum equipment behind.)
Sorry as I stated I am looking to purchase a home so there will be no landlord or apartment. Again sorry going thru a divorce and that is all I have is a older car right now that is no car payment.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassakitty View Post
Hi,
Your post says "North Carolina area." That is a huge chunk of area. Do you mean Triangle area? If so, you'll need double the budget.

Have been looking on realtor.com and there is some reasonable homes between Raleigh and the coast. I was looking to the east side of Raleigh is that not right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary