Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 PM

483 posts, read 2,094,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
It is like what I see throughout the Triangle on bumperstickers: 'I don't care how you did it up North!' This sort of closed-minded, and in many cases, racist, homophobic, resistant to progress attitude is associated with the U.S. South.
And that is the most ignorant and easily disproved statement I've seen today.
First of all, it has absolutely nothing to do with racism, but beyond that,
we know about your decaying, backward, crime-ridden cities. We don't want those things here, and if that sort of thing is what you consider 'progress', then we aren't interested in your ideas of 'progress'. Capish?

Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
we know about your decaying, backward, crime-ridden cities. We don't want those things here, and if that sort of thing is what you consider 'progress', then we aren't interested in your ideas of 'progress'. Capish?
Sorry, maybe you wrongly assumed i moved to the Triangle from what is considered Northern U.S.

I hope you are in close contact with your state representatives. Sounds like you have some issues wrt to transplants.

Hope you're happy here!

Last edited by autumngal; 05-21-2008 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
First of all...its capiche..and second of all, I agree that muse's statement was way off and uncalled for; but your "Decaying backwards crime-ridden etc etc.." comment was just as bad and uncalled for.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
I think you nailed this one. Bullseye! Good stuff! Seriously.

But, well, harrumph.... Uh, Up North, I would have been more likely to have said, "Capiche?"
From the Italian, "capisci."
Yes Sir, that's how we did it up North.

But other than that? Spot On.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:20 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,070 times
I'm informed, which statement was 'way off', Love?

I have no idea what 'backwards crime-ridden' refers to, maybe another town in the North? The poster doesn't state which town it is which suffers these problems.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
I'm informed, which statement was 'way off', Love?

I have no idea what 'backwards crime-ridden' refers to, maybe another town in the North? The poster doesn't state which town it is which suffers these problems.
that would be where you said...

"This sort of closed-minded, and in many cases, racist, homophobic, resistant to progress attitude is associated with the U.S. South"

This whole topic has really gotten out of hand and turned into a bitter shoutfest.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
that would be where you said...

"This sort of closed-minded, and in many cases, racist, homophobic, resistant to progress attitude is associated with the U.S. South"

This whole topic has really gotten out of hand and turned into a bitter shoutfest.
Bullseye! Good Stuff!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:33 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,961 times
Just b/c you see the flag here doesn't mean this area is hostile against different races. I'm not white, black, or hispanic so you'd think I would have been kicked the heck out long ago. Lived here for 25 years...never had any real problems...more questions than anything...and I was happy to answer them.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM

This has NOTHING to do with the triangle anymore...that's my whole point. It's turned into angry tranpslants and angry native NCians and southerners fighting over which one has the right to be more angry...pretty ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary