Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 04:14 PM

1,326 posts, read 722,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I'm not sure what "quality-controlled gas" is. All gas in the area is the same as it all comes out of the same communal pipeline, with the only difference being what additives each company adds to their gas.
Years ago, I got a bad tank of gas at a convenience store with no name brand gas and broke down maybe a 100 feet down the road. When I walked back to the station to use the phone, there were several other people there that had the same thing happen. I had to argue with the clerk to shut the pumps down.

I had to get my car towed and the tank drained. IIRC, the mechanic said it was almost pure ethanol. I have no idea how that happened, but I am very choosy about where I get gas now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 07:29 PM

5,134 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Oil dropped 12% yesterday but something tells me the price at the pump is not going to go down 12% today.
Doesn't work like that.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:16 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Oil dropped 12% yesterday but something tells me the price at the pump is not going to go down 12% today.
Yeah especially with spring break coming up. It seems gas prices always go up around vacation times.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm in line at the Raleigh Costco as I write this. Yes, lines are longer than usual. Tha's typical on Friday afternoon.
I drive by the Raleigh Costco on my daily commute. I stop in every 10-14 days to fill up there. My favorite time to go there is between 6am and 8am. Usually no lines at all an can pull right up to the pump. Even during normal times I avoid going there after 10am due to the lines.

Old 03-14-2022, 03:12 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Happy to have a hybrid and no need to drive long distances.

To figure out what was said on WRAL, why not go to the website (wral.com) and do a search on gas lines?

Old 03-14-2022, 03:52 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Happy to have a hybrid and no need to drive long distances.

To figure out what was said on WRAL, why not go to the website (wral.com) and do a search on gas lines?
Maybe you don't find it useful to ask questions of others but I do. That's why sites like city-data exist. Maybe I can ask a question that someone else might answer or someone might be curious about.

Not too sure why you felt the need to do a drive by and tell us all about your hybrid. Good for you!

Old 03-14-2022, 04:36 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I find it useful to try and go to the source when I've heard something, especially if it was being broadcast on a specific TV channel, on a specific program.

I realize many use C-D instead of doing an online search for info, but in terms of time, effort, and getting the answer, I don't know why it wouldn't be mentioned on WRAL's site if it was important enough for WRAL to broadcast that bit in the first place.

Just seems logical to me.

And, as for mentioning a hybrid, people above are commenting on gas prices, no? And when gas prices are much higher, it often concerns people, and it gets mentioned. And I, as a forum poster in good standing, am free to join any discussion I want, whenever I want, and mention anything that relates to what people are discussing in the thread.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Somebody DM'd me that BJ's, with their card is 10-cents cheaper than Costco. That is semi-true.

My wife has that card, and gets her gas at BJ's. It's 10-cents cheaper at the pump, but I get an additional 4% back, so as long as gas is more than $2.50/gal, the costco savings is greater.

At these prices though, you also have to factor in which place requires less additional driving, because 10-cents or 4% can get eaten up quickly if you have to drive a few miles out of your way...

Anyway, I appreciate the advice, and it's correct. I would have have responded privately, but I didn't know who it was. At current pricing, the Costco savings is more, but also is less "immediate". (Ha, by the time I get my 4% rebate, it will only be worth 3% )

Old 03-15-2022, 05:07 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I drive by the Raleigh Costco on my daily commute. I stop in every 10-14 days to fill up there. My favorite time to go there is between 6am and 8am. Usually no lines at all an can pull right up to the pump. Even during normal times I avoid going there after 10am due to the lines.
wait....they're open that early??

Old 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
wait....they're open that early??
eee-Yup.

Gas Station

Gas HoursMon-Fri.6:00am - 9:00pmSat.7:00am - 7:00pmSun.7:00am - 7:00pmRegular
$3.899Premium
$4.289
Prices shown here are updated frequently, but may not reflect the price at the pump at the time of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary