Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 05:30 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times

Advertisements

Tough one for sure!

Luckily I went to bed and woke to read about and watch the video evidence of it this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 06:05 AM

70 posts, read 52,591 times
Florida has the underdog grit ,Canes are sloppy and looked lost during the 2 in regulation.. Paul gets revenge on his former franchise and on his player Rod and again they played 2 easy teams with the Isles who are Slouths and the Devils too young at goalie. Have to look at Pesce who is not cutting it..and Stall hurt his shoulder on a routine check so stars are not aligning for these jerks…..

Old 05-19-2023, 06:46 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northport70 View Post
Florida has the underdog grit ,Canes are sloppy and looked lost during the 2 in regulation.. Paul gets revenge on his former franchise and on his player Rod and again they played 2 easy teams with the Isles who are Slouths and the Devils too young at goalie. Have to look at Pesce who is not cutting it..and Stall hurt his shoulder on a routine check so stars are not aligning for these jerks…..
That's a.... take I guess.

Both teams have grit. Both teams played well at times and a little sloppy at others. The game went nearly 4 full OT periods. Saying the stars aren't aligning after a game like that is a bit of a silly take.

Old 05-19-2023, 06:51 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
That's a.... take I guess.

Both teams have grit. Both teams played well at times and a little sloppy at others. The game went nearly 4 full OT periods. Saying the stars aren't aligning after a game like that is a bit of a silly take.

Yeah. It is a "take," as in "comic spin."

Old 05-19-2023, 08:24 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
We have all heard of the " Presidents' Trophy curse", I wonder if a new trend/tradition is happening, I'm calling it the "year after the Presidents' Trophy curse, winning the Stanley Cup", I know it's kind of long!

Tampa did this back in 2020, winning the Stanley Cup, after winning the Presidents' Trophy in the 2018-2019 season and choking in the playoffs.

The Panthers won the Presidents' Trophy last year, and the curse got them in the 2nd round, now they look amazing already defeating Boston and Toronto, after barely getting into the playoffs this year.

If the Panthers do win the Stanley Cup this year, then it's Boston's turn next year!

My theory is that a team is "drained" after winning the Presidents' Trophy and they have all the pressure on them in the playoffs that year, and then end up losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Then the next season they still have the same core or a good chunk of the core returning, and don't do as well as the previous year, and have less pressure on them, then they somehow are able to win the cup.

Old 05-19-2023, 08:49 AM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northport70 View Post
LOL, you sound like one of those Islander "fans" who boo their own team. Uh...wait a minute. ?

I'm not an Islander fan but Sloths is an unfair characterization for sure.

Old 05-19-2023, 10:45 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
I have to wonder if that's a game we win if Pacioretty and Svechnikov are on the ice. Anyway, on to Game 2.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:28 PM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times
Okay, I think we would all be remiss in not stating the obvious: Freddy was outstanding last night!

Old 05-20-2023, 09:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Series goes to 2-0 Panthers and we head to Florida for two games. It ain't over yet but not for the Canes.

Bobrovsky is just a complete beast in this series and he had a couple really good saves tonight. This could have been 3 or even 4 to 1 Canes against average goaltending.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:31 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Once again, the steam runs out in the conference finals. The goal-scoring has dried up and the PP is non-existent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary