Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:16 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,474 times

Advertisements

my mom-in-law lived in the alexan for year...paid $850(or so) for a 785 sq foot/1 bedroom ....nice area though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 04:05 AM

2 posts, read 6,443 times
I live at the Alexan at North Hills and think it's wonderful. The conveience is AMAZING and the location is even better. My apartment is pretty awesome too and worth the price compared to what other apartments are going for in the area for what you get. The parking garage alone is the major selling factor to me. It's fort knox around here.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy2008 View Post
I live at the Alexan at North Hills and think it's wonderful. The conveience is AMAZING and the location is even better. My apartment is pretty awesome too and worth the price compared to what other apartments are going for in the area for what you get. The parking garage alone is the major selling factor to me. It's fort knox around here.
Glad you like it but many folks don't agree.

The apts are very small for the rent. The landlord gouges with outrageous fees including one for taking your trash to the trash chute.

Many say the unknown cable/internet supplier is overpriced and inferior.

Great location but you can get much more for your money if you don't need to live in North Hills itself.

One lady left our complex for the Alexan. Came back to us after seeing that the Alexan was a lot of puff but no real substance. Didn't care for the management at all.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB_ny_to_nc View Post
I hear a lot about North Hills, what are the goods, what are the bads?

I've been looking to lease a place at the Alexan.
The thing to do is come over and spend a little time yourself looking around and talking to some of the Alexan residents. You can snag one easily over on Pamlico Dr. when they're out walking their dogs I'm sure they would be willing to give you the lowdown of the place for free. I live one block away from the mall in North Hills Estates, and we have loved each and every one of our 11 years being here(old and new North Hills) Ending up in North Hills to me was like falling into the "honey hole"

Note: The Harris Teeter is moving to North Hills East across Six Forks Rd.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 10,113 times
I live in the North Hills Neighborhood and have several friend that work or live at Alexan - It's a great place to live in Raleigh. Your not only walking distance to grocery stores and other shopping, but your only minutes from 540 and 440. The price may seem high, but it's all about the location and convenience.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,887 times
Default reply

I have several friends that live at the Alexan. They all love it. It is a great place in a great location.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
The Harris Teeter is moving to North Hills East across Six Forks Rd.
Wow, what's going in where it is now? I confess that it never seemed like a H-T because it still had that "Winn-Dixie" feel to it

Old 09-30-2008, 02:07 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Wow, what's going in where it is now? I confess that it never seemed like a H-T because it still had that "Winn-Dixie" feel to it
I don't believe it has been determined what goes in the old Teeter yet...or haven't heard anyway. We sure are going to miss that little grocery store. The new Teeter will be the main tenant across the street. It's going to be a two story whopper. That's what they keep saying

Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM

7 posts, read 15,582 times
I keep reading many negative reviews on Alexan North Hills, many by the same user who I will not mention.

To the writer: if you do actually live at the Alexan, and have all of these negative opinions about the complex in general, then speak to your management office. If the problem is not resolved, then move at the end of the lease term. Many of the negative responses that I read are posted by you, not only on this site but at many others, including your above referenced (with a link) to apartmentratings.com . If you do not live at the Alexan, and I am quite sure that you do not based on your last posting stating that "one lady left our complex for the Alexan" then please refrain from posting about it at all. I am not quite sure what the angle is, rival apartment complex, or if you are just unhappy in general, but please bear in mind that there are over 600 people who live at the Alexan, who do not represent your persistent negative reviews.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
At the end of the day, the Alexan Apartments are pricey because they are fairly new and because of the location. Pricing for everything in the North Hills area is feeling the effects of the rapidly urbanization of the immediate area that is widely being regarded as the new "old Raleigh" as the city expands further on its edges. The Midtown designation that its developer self proclaimed has stuck and this branding is affecting the greater area. It also doesn't hurt that some very wealthy neighborhoods are adjacent immediately across the beltline (inside the beltline). :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary