Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 11:55 AM

43,342 posts, read 77,198,405 times

Advertisements

I'm torn...

Whether to invoke skimpy tater servings in diners, kids playing in the streets, or Pizza.

Hmmm... Or Copperheads.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 10-30-2022 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 11:56 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,284,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
It’s a lot of small towns to compare, but the data isn’t very different. All of those towns together may roughly equal Cary in size. They all have low crime rates, Cary included. If anything, Cary is more like those towns than unlike those towns, crime-wise.
The site I use always comes up at the top of Google. I’d post it here but CD removes it since it’s a competitor. The crime stats are per capita, IE crime rate per 1000 people. I think Cary is rated 51 on this site, and similar MA towns in the 70s and 80s (0 being the most crime, 100 being the least).

I do think Cary has a larger property crime component which may account for a lot of the difference.

Old 10-30-2022, 12:33 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,717,350 times
The reaction to a cRimE nEwS story being posted on this forum is so predictable. Zomg it might make someone not want to move to the area and transact on a R.E. deal. Hurry, bury it, bury it!

Old 10-30-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The reaction to a cRimE nEwS story being posted on this forum is so predictable. Zomg it might make someone not want to move to the area and transact on a R.E. deal. Hurry, bury it, bury it!
LOLOLOL

We have more copperheads than we do criminals.

Old 10-30-2022, 12:54 PM

805 posts, read 525,441 times
Quote:
So weird. We just had a horrendous mass shooting, and the criticism was that we gave it too much attention. Now we have a shooting in the news with minimal information, and the criticism is that we aren’t reacting strongly enough. Damned if you do; damned if you don’t.

Old 10-30-2022, 01:30 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,717,350 times
Quote:
So weird. We just had a horrendous mass shooting, and the criticism was that we gave it too much attention. Now we have a shooting in the news with minimal information, and the criticism is that we aren’t reacting strongly enough. Damned if you do; damned if you don’t.
I'm observing, not criticizing.

Old 10-30-2022, 01:43 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,284,940 times
Quote:
I think the point in the other thread wasn't that there was too much attention given, but that there wasn't enough attention given to other shootings which occur more commonly in higher-crime areas.

But that was the other thread.

Old 10-30-2022, 02:10 PM

805 posts, read 525,441 times
Quote:
I'm observing, not criticizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I think the point in the other thread wasn't that there was too much attention given, but that there wasn't enough attention given to other shootings which occur more commonly in higher-crime areas.

But that was the other thread.
No one is interested in burying crime news. No one is ignoring isolated firearm violence in low or high crime areas.

People are concerned about public safety in their own neighborhoods. That’s the consistency. If this shooting turns out to be a shootout on the streets, injuring an innocent driver, I’m sure there will be more public response.

Old 10-30-2022, 02:52 PM

334 posts, read 189,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm torn...

Whether to invoke skimpy tater servings in diners, kids playing in the streets, or Pizza.

Hmmm... Or Copperheads.
Roaches have my vote

Old 10-30-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpact View Post
Roaches have my vote
While roaches certainly hold a secure place in local legend, you are fairly new here and I mentioned a trio of controversial CD classics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary