Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM

64 posts, read 170,591 times

Advertisements

Alright, here you go:
Cary:
- Lochmere *** - Not in greatest condition, but reasonablly priced. Good for weekday round. Don't go on weekends. Too busy.
South Raleigh (401 South):
- Eagle Ridge ****- Very well maintained. Beautiful course, but a bit too much housing development on back-9. Nice range. Reasonably priced and accepts calendar card.
- RGA * - I only add this if you are looking for cheap, easy round of golf. Definitely a muni.
Durham area:
- Falls Village **** - Very well maintained. NO HOUSES!!! Reasonably priced. Narrower fairways and smaller greens so it is more challenging. Practice facilities are so-so.
- Crooked Creek *** - Well maintained, but very gimmicky. Least favorite course in that area.
Raleigh:
- Wildwood Green *** - Well maintained, but layout isn't the best. NC State uses this as their course. Too expensive for course.
- Hedingham ** - Not very well maintained, and lot's of houses on top of the course, but the course is pretty challenging given the low price. Good for weekday round, but don't go on weekend.
Clayton:
- River Ridge **** - Excellent condition, and not too expensive. You'll either love the layout or not. Hard to hate the layout, but some holes might be a little gimmicky for some.
- Riverwood (27 holes) ***1/2 - Very good condition. One of the nines is pretty gimmicky, and the members don't like it, which is why non-members usually end up playing it as one of the nines. Deer Run 9 is long and challenging. Not expensive!
- The Neuse ****1/2 - Very good condition, but a bit of a drive (on the east side of Clayton). One of the better courses in the area. Back 9 is significantly harder than front.

Hit em well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushore View Post
Alright, here you go:
Cary:
- Lochmere *** - Not in greatest condition, but reasonablly priced. Good for weekday round. Don't go on weekends. Too busy.
- Eagle Ridge ****- Very well maintained. Beautiful course, but a bit too much housing development on back-9. Nice range. Reasonably priced and accepts calendar card.
- RGA * - I only add this if you are looking for cheap, easy round of golf. Definitely a muni.
Durham area:
- Falls Village **** - Very well maintained. NO HOUSES!!! Reasonably priced. Narrower fairways and smaller greens so it is more challenging. Practice facilities are so-so.
- Crooked Creek *** - Well maintained, but very gimmicky. Least favorite course in that area.
Raleigh:
- Wildwood Green *** - Well maintained, but layout isn't the best. NC State uses this as their course. Too expensive for course.
- Hedingham ** - Not very well maintained, and lot's of houses on top of the course, but the course is pretty challenging given the low price. Good for weekday round, but don't go on weekend.
Clayton:
- River Ridge **** - Excellent condition, and not too expensive. You'll either love the layout or not. Hard to hate the layout, but some holes might be a little gimmicky for some.
- Riverwood (27 holes) ***1/2 - Very good condition. One of the nines is pretty gimmicky, and the members don't like it, which is why non-members usually end up playing it as one of the nines. Deer Run 9 is long and challenging. Not expensive!
- The Neuse ****1/2 - Very good condition, but a bit of a drive (on the east side of Clayton). One of the better courses in the area. Back 9 is significantly harder than front.

Hit em well!
Great post - best information i have seen on here

Old 07-11-2008, 08:00 AM

64 posts, read 170,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
Great post - best information i have seen on here
I can go into more detail if anyone needs it. I'm a golf nut.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:10 AM

16 posts, read 45,216 times
I will edit to what someone posted earlier - I have played all of these many times over the years. I now play at Bentwinds in Fuquay which is by far head and shoulders above all these courses.

Alright, here you go:
Cary:
- Lochmere ** - Goat track. Do not play after it has rained .25 inches or you will need you waders.
- Eagle Ridge ***- Well maintained course, pace of play is wayyyy to slow. Count on 5 hours for a round.
Durham area:
- Falls Village *** - Not a back place if the cash is running low.
- Crooked Creek *** - Good condition. Lots of public play for a "semi-private" course. Front and Back nines are like night and day...totally different.
Raleigh:
- Wildwood Green ** - Goat track, very short, hit or miss on the conditions
- Hedingham * - STAY AWAY!!!
Clayton:
- River Ridge **** - Excellent condition, and not too expensive. Awsome greens, nice fairways, good layout with some risk/reward holes.
- Riverwood (27 holes) ** - Original 18 is OK, front 9 is the best 9 holes. The extra 9 holes are terrible. Hit or miss conditions, usually not very good.
- The Neuse *** - haven't played in a while so I am not sure of this one.

Last edited by jsalford79; 07-11-2008 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary