Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 07:09 AM

851 posts, read 416,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northport70 View Post
And with it comes consequences just as well as the bragging rights….that JDIG will cost all NC taxpayers in the long run and officials should have kept the money to find a solution to all of the States ills such as Mental health or god forbid affordable housing.
Bragging rights would be a Panthers Super Bowl victory. This is far more about the creation of 3000 good paying jobs. Though it won't benefit me directly, I'm happy to contribute my share of tax dollars to the JDIG in order to grow and strengthen the North Carolina economy, which rather than costing us all in the long run, greatly benefits us. Given a choice for use of the money between this and the vague ratholes of affordable housing and mental health, I could make the decision three times in a single New York minute. And creating jobs, like these and Toyota EV, is an excellent path toward home ownership for many through hard work and judicious stewardship of finances. I'd remind the disgruntled naysayers yet again that this is how we PREVENT the sky from falling.

Last edited by TunedIn; 07-03-2023 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 07:43 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,709,378 times
There is only so much that government can do about affordable housing, in terms of direct spend. We already know that housing projects aren't the answer. This is more of a policy question.

I'm as supportive of mental health initiatives as anyone, but the Apple assistance is a drop in the bucket and there is likelihood that the rising tide that follows will float all boats, putting more money into the state's coffers.

Onward with Apple.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:34 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,986,229 times
3,000 jobs at $187k average generates a good amount of tax revenue, but even that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
The project is estimated to grow the state’s economy by nearly $79.8 billion over 39 years, the time period the grant could be active. The 3,000 new jobs will generate $1.97 billion in new tax revenues to the state over the grant period. Using a formula that takes into account these new tax revenues, the JDIG agreement authorizes the potential reimbursement to the company of up to $845.8 million.
https://www.commerce.nc.gov/news/pre...bs-wake-county

Old 07-08-2023, 10:05 PM

70 posts, read 52,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Bragging rights would be a Panthers Super Bowl victory. This is far more about the creation of 3000 good paying jobs. Though it won't benefit me directly, I'm happy to contribute my share of tax dollars to the JDIG in order to grow and strengthen the North Carolina economy, which rather than costing us all in the long run, greatly benefits us. Given a choice for use of the money between this and the vague ratholes of affordable housing and mental health, I could make the decision three times in a single New York minute. And creating jobs, like these and Toyota EV, is an excellent path toward home ownership for many through hard work and judicious stewardship of finances. I'd remind the disgruntled naysayers yet again that this is how we PREVENT the sky from falling.
No need for giving them almost a billion of taxpayer $$$ as they would have came anyway so bad deal imo and seems to me that losing Amazon got into the head of leadership to anti up…you all want to hit the grand slam when that is not what made this area…it was the start ups not the worms inside the Apple…good luck as I will watch from view from the NC coast…

Old 07-09-2023, 07:10 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,419,537 times
I'm so excited about this!

Old 07-17-2023, 09:56 AM

643 posts, read 350,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I'm so excited about this!
I passed the intersection of Little Dr. and Louis Stephen Rd today. Something is definitely going on there. Some construction work is underway I believe.

Old 07-17-2023, 02:10 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,757,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
I passed the intersection of Little Dr. and Louis Stephen Rd today. Something is definitely going on there. Some construction work is underway I believe.
The only thing really going over there right now is the middle school. Which is a bit closer to Davis Drive.

Old 07-19-2023, 08:36 AM

32 posts, read 45,655 times
false. check out louis stephens between kit creek and little.

Old 07-19-2023, 12:57 PM

643 posts, read 350,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconologist View Post
false. check out louis stephens between kit creek and little.
That's what I'm talking about.

Old 07-19-2023, 01:21 PM

361 posts, read 223,887 times
Apple coming to the Triangle will (and already has) greatly accelerated the pace of gentrification and income inequality in our area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary