Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 11:30 AM

324 posts, read 184,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
Comparing the persecution of Jews by the Nazis to people condemning gun zealots who are okay with collateral damage so they can have the unfettered right to bear arms is the most vile thing I've ever seen on this board. And I say that as a gun owner. You should be ashamed. But somehow, I doubt you are.

Strange, I don't recall condoning collateral damage.

But keep painting with that brush as wide as a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 11:35 AM

1,326 posts, read 724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpact View Post
Strange, I don't recall condoning collateral damage.

But keep painting with that brush as wide as a house.
I never once said or even implied you did. But nice try.

See the person you were accusing of being like a Nazi persecuting Jews for being Jewish was actually condemning people who as another poster put it "believe that having the right to bear arms is worth the trade offs, whatever they objectively are." hth

Old 02-17-2023, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Includes everything back to 1982, so not exactly relevant and also again does not negate the fact that Texas has a higher rate of gun deaths than California. Also Texas is right up there in school shootings which is what this thread is related to.
Yes, we can keep trimming evidence that doesn't fit the narrative until it does. That's usually how it devolves on all sides. I don't think striving to exorcist a single tool is the panacea to all of our problems however. This country is awash in guns. Banning them would just drive them underground.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:

"

Your backstroke is very pretty

Old 02-17-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, we can keep trimming evidence that doesn't fit the narrative until it does. That's usually how it devolves on all sides. I don't think striving to exorcist a single tool is the panacea to all of our problems however. This country is awash in guns. Banning them would just drive them underground.
Data from over 40 years ago is old news. Laws have changed, etc etc etc. Not trimming evidence. It's focusing on what's actually relevant. Try it sometime.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Your lack of reading comprehension isn't

Old 02-17-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Also, you trimmed evidence there I suspect you read no further though.

Last edited by ITB_OG; 02-17-2023 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 02-17-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Your lack of reading comprehension isn't
More back tracking.

But keep going. You're almost off the "X"

Old 02-17-2023, 12:20 PM

Quote:
More back tracking.

But keep going. You're almost off the "X"
More stupidity.

But no matter how far you keep going, you'll always be the person who compared Nazis persecuting and systematically murdering Jews to a poster here condemning gun extremist who don't care about the collateral damage.

Old 02-17-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
More stupidity.

But no matter how far you keep going, you'll always be the person who compared Nazis persecuting and systematically murdering Jews to a poster here condemning gun extremist who don't care about the collateral damage.
Keep going, you're almost far away enough where we can't see you anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary