Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 03:10 PM

385 posts, read 349,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
McDonald's catches flack... but for the $4-5 or so, a QPC is a perfectly fine burger.

The crispy chicken (not be confused with McChicken) used to be solid too (havent had it in years though).

And no, I dont think theres a single a la carte item that even flirts with $10 at McDonalds (unless you're at an airport or something).
I think most people get combos at fast food restaurants, or I do anyway. McDonald’s prices vary by location but I paid over $10 for a fish combo last year in a small Midwest town, (large size). Was a bit shocked by price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 09:12 PM

1,851 posts, read 827,310 times
My very first time experiencing food poisoning was with a filet of fish. That was many years ago, that is how “memorable” it was!

Old 08-10-2023, 06:28 AM

5,351 posts, read 3,236,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
True to a point. We were surprised while in Hawaii to see that on the menu they had Linguica and eggs on the menu, served with rice.
Big Portuguese (Azorean) population on Hawaii. King's Hawaiian rolls are basically Portuguese sweet bread.

But to your point, McD's internationally is so much better than anything offered in the Continental US.

Old 08-10-2023, 08:30 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,170,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Big Portuguese (Azorean) population on Hawaii. King's Hawaiian rolls are basically Portuguese sweet bread.

But to your point, McD's internationally is so much better than anything offered in the Continental US.
Without question!

Old 08-10-2023, 06:47 PM

599 posts, read 334,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I find that the Filet-O-Fish is the only good item at McD, apparently people love it or hate it. They use wild-caught Alaskan Pollock, which is one of my favorite fish.
McDonald's Filet-O-Fish patties are very similar to Gorton's fish sandwich fillets, which are also made from Alaskan Pollock.

Old 08-10-2023, 07:07 PM

9,150 posts, read 14,796,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Yuck! You couldnt pay me $3.99 to eat a McDonald's Filet-O'-Fish. Quarter Pounders actually arent bad for the price but Filet-O-Fish was completely inedible the one time I tried it.
The Quarter Pounder deluxe is actually a decent burger, for fast food places anyway.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:02 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,329,863 times
Y'all remember the Hardee's $6 burger? It was marketed as a $6 for something like $3. My, times have changed.

It was pretty good too!

Still though, BOGO McDouble on the McD App FTW. Simple, cheap, and no extra charge for the hear attack. It's my guilty pleasure. (or you can get free fries on the app instead if you need some carbs and triglycerides more than fat and cholesterol.) :-)

Last edited by Myghost; 08-11-2023 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-11-2023, 08:16 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,296,778 times
I think fast food gets a bad rap. Yes it’s terrible for you, but portion-wise it’s usually less terrible for you than going out to a sit-down restaurant. I would guess that the average person eats more calories, fat, and certainly sodium when going to a sit-down.

Old 08-12-2023, 04:58 AM

1,851 posts, read 827,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I think fast food gets a bad rap. Yes it’s terrible for you, but portion-wise it’s usually less terrible for you than going out to a sit-down restaurant. I would guess that the average person eats more calories, fat, and certainly sodium when going to a sit-down.
That would especially be true when you get food poisoning, all the calories, fat & sodium go in & out real quick!

Old 08-12-2023, 05:08 AM

43,376 posts, read 77,290,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
That would especially be true when you get food poisoning, all the calories, fat & sodium go in & out real quick!
Folks can often make better choices, if they are concerned about healthy eating.
Many Restaurants are making it easier to avoid excessive sodium fat, and calories, with nutritional information presented on the menus.

No one has to eat 2500 fat and sodium laden calories at lunch, but many people choose to do so. And to wash it down with 32 oz. of sugary drinks.
Restaurants serve these patrons what they want.
If more folks ordered the large salad with blackened shrimp or chicken, those options would be more prominently displayed on menus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary