Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 06:56 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Folks can often make better choices, if they are concerned about healthy eating.
Many Restaurants are making it easier to avoid excessive sodium fat, and calories, with nutritional information presented on the menus.

No one has to eat 2500 fat and sodium laden calories at lunch, but many people choose to do so. And to wash it down with 32 oz. of sugary drinks.
Restaurants serve these patrons what they want.
If more folks ordered the large salad with blackened shrimp or chicken, those options would be more prominently displayed on menus.
You can get a salad at most fast food restaurants as well. Most people don’t go out to eat to eat a salad which they could easily make at home. Nobody is making a Mcdonalds burger and fries at home that tastes anything like the real thing.

The point was a burger and fries at McDonalds is likely equal or better for you than a burger and fries at a full service restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 07:03 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Make all the arguments you want about health and welfare, fast food has always and will always exist for CONVENIENCE. Many busy people do not have time to go in and sit down for a meal - and I'm not making any argument that that kind of eating-on-the-go is healthy ...just that this is why it exists.

Also - you can't outrun your genes. That little fact has been proven time and time again.
Also - you rarely see obese old people.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:12 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
You can get a salad at most fast food restaurants as well. Most people don’t go out to eat to eat a salad which they could easily make at home. Nobody is making a Mcdonalds burger and fries at home that tastes anything like the real thing.

The point was a burger and fries at McDonalds is likely equal or better for you than a burger and fries at a full service restaurant.

Choices.
I've eaten fast food salads. There's no comparison to a good salad from a full service restaurant.
Heck, Ruckus and Johnny's Pizza have great salads, very affordable, fresher than FF junk.

No one can process junk food at home to be as crummy as McD's makes theirs.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Choices.
I've eaten fast food salads. There's no comparison to a good salad from a full service restaurant.
Heck, Ruckus and Johnny's Pizza have great salads, very affordable, fresher than FF junk.

No one can process junk food at home to be as crummy as McD's makes theirs.
We all understand you can get healthier choices. That’s not what was being discussed but thank for the contribution.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
We all understand you can get healthier choices. That’s not what was being discussed but thank for the contribution.

Yeah. Filet of Fish was the discussion, and health then entered into it.
Healthy choices are often worthy of consideration, particularly when poorer choices are championed in error.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:19 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
3.99 at our local McDonalds

Couldn’t find the post/thread sorry.
Fry, coke, one fish sandwich, $10 in Massachusetts.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah. Filet of Fish was the discussion, and health then entered into it.
Healthy choices are often worthy of consideration, particularly when poorer choices are championed in error.
You quoted my post and per the norm insisted on showing me how awesome you are by disagreeing and bringing in a topic nobody was talking about. You can have the last word as I know how good it makes you feel….go.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
You quoted my post and per the norm insisted on showing me how awesome you are by disagreeing and bringing in a topic nobody was talking about. You can have the last word as I know how good it makes you feel….go.

I'm "Awesome!"
It only took you a few years to arrive at that obvious conclusion!

Thanks!
LOL

Oh....
Do you recall making this post, and opening the door to tangential and interesting discussion?

Quote:
I think fast food gets a bad rap. Yes it’s terrible for you, but portion-wise it’s usually less terrible for you than going out to a sit-down restaurant. I would guess that the average person eats more calories, fat, and certainly sodium when going to a sit-down.

Old 08-12-2023, 11:26 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Choices.
We love Johnny's, usually for pizza & subs. Their Senior special is almost two meals worth of food (giant slice of pizza, big salad and a drink). We were recently turned on to Johnny's Chips, with the note to order them "Extra Crispy". A new favorite of ours.

I also love threads like this, where folks that never eat at McDs will post about how bad the food tastes, how awful it is for you, etc.

Old 08-12-2023, 11:26 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Agree - that's one of the things I like about McDonalds and fast food in general. You can literally be anywhere and you know what you're gonna get. That's what makes fast food successful.
You never know whether you're going to get ca-ca smeared on the bathroom walls though.
Or be pushed onto the floor.
Or see someone changing a diaper on the table.
Or get shortchanged by half of your bill.

Things I've seen in a MacDees. Hasn't stopped me from eating there occasionally.

But my FIL from Holland couldn't abide the fish. He said, "When I order fisk I want a fisk that looks like a fisk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary