Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM

7 posts, read 17,129 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are visiting NC in 2 weeks to check out Wake Forest area. Please give me the story as to why we should relocate in Wake Forest over another town. Or just any good info regarding the area, pros and cons! Also, as a bonus question, can anyone tell use about experiences with North Raleigh Christian academy.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 06:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytami View Post
My wife and I are visiting NC in 2 weeks to check out Wake Forest area. Please give me the story as to why we should relocate in Wake Forest over another town. Or just any good info regarding the area, pros and cons! Also, as a bonus question, can anyone tell use about experiences with North Raleigh Christian academy.

Thanks!
It is hard to give reasons why you should move to Wake Forest since you haven't given any reasons for why you are looking to move.

Why are you moving?
What are you looking for?
Do you like the surburban lifestyle? Rural? Urban?
What things do you like to do?
What kinds of stores do you want to be close to?
Where will your job be located?
How long of a commute are you willing to deal with?
What is your price point?

Answers to questions like these help clear up the picture as to which triangle area town might be a potential fit for you.

Good Luck!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM

7 posts, read 17,129 times
Sorry, I was trying to be as brief as possible. Living here in Connecticut I know every town has it's own distinct personality which can be summed up in a few quick mentions. Job is not an issue since I own my own business, so no commute since I work from home. Looking for an area that has a great sense of Community and friendly people. Capping home price at $400,000. Rural/suburban mix. Close enough to the "action" but won't hear it with the windows open. Have 9 year old and have heard good things about N. Raleigh Christian.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:15 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
I am a native of the area and have lived in: chapel hill (grew up there), raleigh (close to nc state), holly springs, cary and now wake forest. So, we have moved around for different reasons mainly for the commute, us wanting to buy a house, then buying a bigger house, etc.

So, it really all depends on what you want! where you will work, what type of commute you want. So, we chose wake forest because the commute from our house (west side of town, meaning wake forest is split by capital blvd ) so we are north of 98, west of capital. It is a 30 minute commute for my husband to get to work (he is in RTP, miami blvd), but he simply doesn't have to use the highways. We also wanted more land (we are on an acre) and a small neighborhood. I like wake forest, it is definitely growing (we have seen great changes in 3 years), and I feel like I don't necessarily have to leave town for my daily needs. I like being able to go into shops and have the people recognize me. Basically it has a small town feel, but enough of the conveniences to make it nice for me. The downside is the lack of interesting restaurants, but hopefully that will change.

I do think though, many people move to other towns (clayton, cary, apex, etc) and they feel like that is the best town for them. So, who knows! I think once you come a visit you should be able to figure out if it is "for you".

Good luck
Leigh

Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 PM

7 posts, read 15,325 times
Cary also has a Christian Academy. I came down from Maryland (and before that Massachusetts) and fell in love with Cary. It's very central to the three main cities of the Triangle - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill. I find Wake Forest kind of out of the way, north of everything.

We ended up moving to Apex after having a six plus month search of Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Cary and even Raleigh. As another post said, it all depends on what you're looking for. I'll be glad to share more of our search experience, if you'd like. We just bought in February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary