Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:29 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis View Post
Would love to see a few restaurants....not fast food!!!!!!!!!!!!! How bout an Outback? Carrabas? Chilis? Red Lobster? Ihop? Perkins? or what about a great big old shiny diner? Why so few diners here? With so many outsiders, I would think a traditional greek diner would do very well here. Up north you cant go two blocks without seeing one.
I thought I read that there are plans for an Outback across 55 from Walmart in Holly Springs?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM

446 posts, read 1,393,976 times
That would be great!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM

33 posts, read 113,831 times
I'm going to guess the increase in pharmacies is due to giant population of baby boomers reaching the age where they need them.

My mum and dad are in F-V and will be thrilled about the Target and movie theatres! Woot!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM

33 posts, read 113,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbis View Post
Why so few diners here? With so many outsiders, I would think a traditional greek diner would do very well here. Up north you cant go two blocks without seeing one.
If by traditional Greek, you mean a Coney Island, I couldn't agree more!!!!

I miss them from Detroit!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
I think people in H.S. are just grateful to have any store whether it be Walmart, Target, etc. I mean there has been NOTHING here for so long. H.S. has a ton of undeveloped land right along Hwy 55 that is perfect for this sort of thing.

One of those links makes mention of a movie theatre in H.S. too.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
If you're looking for a diner try Gypsy's Shiny Diner off of Buck Jones Rd. in Cary just behind Border's bookstore.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 AM

I've been to that diner...it's just ok....nothing special. I'm talking about one where they have lobster tanks as well as prime rib at any time of the day or night. Cheeseburger Deluxe and a cup of gravy for your fries.....any kind of omlette or club sandwich.....and don't forget the BLT. Oh, and the wait staff are wearing bow ties!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 AM

52 posts, read 200,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I think people in H.S. are just grateful to have any store whether it be Walmart, Target, etc. I mean there has been NOTHING here for so long. H.S. has a ton of undeveloped land right along Hwy 55 that is perfect for this sort of thing.

One of those links makes mention of a movie theatre in H.S. too.
Over-developing 55 will create the need for another bypass!

Movie theater anywhere in southern Wake County would be sweet!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 AM

Something like this!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:59 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default thanks

Thanks for this info.
I just dont like the SAME stores that every town near me has. Doesnt the town want to stand out a little? Target, walmart, home depot, lowes I am tired of seeing everywhere! They leave no room for any other competitor. I waiting to see how long before ace hardware in FV lasts.
I understand that there is nothing there now, but I wish the residents would realize that there are other options.

Also I agree with another poster. 55 bypass will need its own bypass once this is all built. Too many major stores on one stretch of road. Sad to see the same problems be replicated here as in other towns. the traffic at all these mega shopping areas are horrible and unsolveable once they are built.

Oh, I think that the reason there are so many drug stores is that we are WAYYY over medicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary