Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Ouch. I hope it's worth it for the town.
The waiving of fees
the town paying THEM 1 mil,
the impact on the roads traffic,
the fact that these stores are in almost all towns already (not going to pull in people from other towns and not giving someone something that couldnt be had with a 15 min drive).

I dont see a huge benefit or even one at all.

Between the new development and 540 meeting 55 in lower apex, 55 will be very slow and the old 55 vs the bypass will be faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBoy919 View Post
I Wish it would be closer to 401 area of Fuquay, we are getting nothing around here, mainly alot is closing down it seems!
Just can not stand driving miles for anything.
Still trying to sell my home its been 2 years I have been trying to sell.
Maybe thats a little something why they dont put anything here in Fuquay.
Ummm, the new stores will be 5 minutes up the 55 bypass from Fuquay...besides, Fuquay has a ton of stuff that nearby towns don't have - Home Depot, Kohls, Staples, Applebees, Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and that's not even counting all the really cool mom and pop stuff...

But yeah, in some ways, a location further South would have made more sense. However, the New Hill location is right at the intersection of 55 bypass and 540 (almost finished), so I'm sure that weighed heavily into the decision. Perhaps when (if) 540 intersects 401, we might see some new development in the area around Wake Tech.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
The waiving of fees
the town paying THEM 1 mil,
the impact on the roads traffic,
the fact that these stores are in almost all towns already (not going to pull in people from other towns and not giving someone something that couldnt be had with a 15 min drive).

I dont see a huge benefit or even one at all.

Between the new development and 540 meeting 55 in lower apex, 55 will be very slow and the old 55 vs the bypass will be faster.
Not sure where you're coming from but the Southwest corner of Wake County really doesn't have any of these things. The stores will pull in shoppers from Fuquay, Willow Springs, Lillington, Angier, etc.

Holly Springs is a pro-growth town so I guess the residents are willing to accept the additional congestion if it means better shopping and restaurant options.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBoy919 View Post
I Wish it would be closer to 401 area of Fuquay, we are getting nothing around here, mainly alot is closing down it seems!
Just can not stand driving miles for anything.
Still trying to sell my home its been 2 years I have been trying to sell.
Maybe thats a little something why they dont put anything here in Fuquay.
You must be on the same end of 401 that I'm on - the Northern side by Wake Tech? I agree - we still need a movie theatre, music and book store too - and something besides a park that the kids can do without killing our pockets! (or having to drive in the nightmare around Walmart)

Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM

37 posts, read 42,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Not sure where you're coming from but the Southwest corner of Wake County really doesn't have any of these things. The stores will pull in shoppers from Fuquay, Willow Springs, Lillington, Angier, etc.

Holly Springs is a pro-growth town so I guess the residents are willing to accept the additional congestion if it means better shopping and restaurant options.

Hope those "pro-growth" townies are willing to accept their tax dollars going to a "corporate developer" who couldn't get their financing together. Sounds to me like HS is taking on the "risk" that other financial institutions declined to shoulder.

Too bad I'll have to drive through the mess that "pro-growth" HS is forcing on the rest of SouthEast Wake to RTP commuters.

$5 says 'New Hill Plaza' is still 'coming soon' in 2013.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 AM

They have begun clearing the land at New Hill Place. Could be that somebody is just exercising their timber rights but it really does seem like they are getting ready to begin construction.

Could Holly Springs really be getting their Target after all this time???

Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
They have begun clearing the land at New Hill Place. Could be that somebody is just exercising their timber rights but it really does seem like they are getting ready to begin construction.

Could Holly Springs really be getting their Target after all this time???
Kite is also doing Parkside Town Commons in NW Cary, but I think they will tackle New Hill first.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-04-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-04-2012, 08:15 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times

New Hill Place - YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 AM

927 posts, read 1,458,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyspringsgirl View Post
I am not sure if this was mentioned on this board or not yet, but I was checking things out on line and found these links!! I am so excited!!! It is finally going to happy Target and Lowes!!!

SUPER TARGET IN HOLLY SPRINGS!!! Kite Realty pencils in SuperTarget for shopping center - Triangle Business Journal:

LOWES HARDWARE??? Current Projects&Activity Reports, Holly Springs, NC (http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/planning/review.htm - broken link)
the Target Store is still a couple years out ...

Old 01-04-2012, 09:49 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I noticed that clearing being started too. Looks pretty extensive. I checked Holly Springs planning dept site and they do have plans for New Hill Place under staff review right now. The site plan is dated 11-07-11 so pretty recent. Also there are some elevations, including Target, all dated 11-07-11. Lots of real logos on elevation 1.

http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/planning/review.htm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary