Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,303 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Cary and will be renting until we sell our house. We plan on buying in Green Hope Elementary School District. Can anyone suggest a rental in Green Hope Elementary School district until we are able to buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:55 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Here is the base attendance map for Green Hope Elementary.

Growth Management Map (http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/cgi-bin/mapserver/Production/WCMapscript.pl?MainOption=FindNodes&NodeType=BASE& MagProg=&SchoolInfo=439+Green+Hope+Elementary&Prog ramTitle=Base+Attendance+Area+(Current)&MagName=&C alendarYear=2007-2008 - broken link)

This looks like it may be a difficult task. Here is why I say that. . . .

Go to Google Maps and enter "Green Hope Elementary, Cary NC" into the search field.
Click on the "Search Nearby" link in the bubble which points to the school.
Enter "apartment" into the search field.
Now, compare the results to the base attendance map. I don't see any apartments within the base attendance map.

Maybe someone who lives nearby can offer more help.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:54 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,750 times
Your realtor will be able to send you the residential rental listings. I believe Cary Park and Amberly are some of the neighborhoods currently zoned for that school.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,698,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielChang View Post
Your realtor will be able to send you the residential rental listings. I believe Cary Park and Amberly are some of the neighborhoods currently zoned for that school.
Cary Park used to be divided between Green Hope and Highcroft. I thought now they were all at the new year round (Mills Park), but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure about Amberly, though.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 AM

114 posts, read 373,380 times
I live in that school district. Apartments are somewhat sparse but there are some I think. Just a thought but you might be able to find a short-term rental of a house. Sometimes people have moved and consider renting while they wait for a house to sell.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 AM

297 posts, read 740,749 times
Cary Park is now zoned for Mills Park Elementary, which is just outside Cary Park. There are a lot of apartments in the West Cary area, but I think most are now zoned to Mills Park, and in a couple of years, Alston Ridge Elementary will open up as well.

Last edited by NoneOfThis; 07-18-2008 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 07-18-2008, 04:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,504 times
I think there is one apartment complex on High House (across from Stone Creek Village) that is districted for Green Hope Elementary. Unfortunately, I can't think of the name of the apartment complex. Cornerstone something, maybe?

All of Cary Park goes to Mills Park now. Some of Amberly does as well.

You may be better off finding a private rental house or townhouse. Any of the townhouses in the back of Preston Village would be zoned for Green Hope Elem. Just make sure you don't wind up with the ones that are technically in Carpenter Village, even though they're right next door to the ones in Preston Village. The townhouses in Stone Creek should be Green Hope.

Good luck.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:59 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,698,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
I think there is one apartment complex on High House (across from Stone Creek Village) that is districted for Green Hope Elementary. Unfortunately, I can't think of the name of the apartment complex. Cornerstone something, maybe?

All of Cary Park goes to Mills Park now. Some of Amberly does as well.

You may be better off finding a private rental house or townhouse. Any of the townhouses in the back of Preston Village would be zoned for Green Hope Elem. Just make sure you don't wind up with the ones that are technically in Carpenter Village, even though they're right next door to the ones in Preston Village. The townhouses in Stone Creek should be Green Hope.

Good luck.
I think this is the apartment complex you're thinking of.
Cornerstone Apartments Cary, NC - Apartments for Rent in Cary North Carolina

It says residents are assigned to Davis Drive Elementary. Maybe Green Hope is the YR option which wouldn't be of any use at this point.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:05 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
Stone Creek IS zoned for Green Hope elementary, Davis Drive Middle and GHHS, so I'm guessing Cornerstone Apts would be the same.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:13 PM

129 posts, read 671,342 times
I leave in the Westover Park townhomes, off of Davis Road and Morrisville Carpenter Road . They are basically new townhomes (about one 1 1/2 years old). We are renting until we buy. Not sure if there are any for rent right now. My son goes to Green Hope High. We like living in this neighborhood, everyone seems nice and it is quiet and very clean.
Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary