Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
The flip side of this is the distance to the mountains is much closer from the Triad.
Agreed! Hmm - best solution: house in mountains, house at beach - chauffeur, gas paid by mystery donor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
My family is selling our home in Pa. and relocating to the triangle area. We love NC. The weather, the people and there is much more to do. I am a little nervous about coming. Will we be welcome? It seems that many people are against newcomers and I don't want to feel unwanted.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
we are not against newcomers.
We only advising those looking to move here to secure employment since that our unemployment rate is high so a job would be best.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 AM

299 posts, read 635,512 times
Jen, we relocated almost a year ago, (wow, time flies) and I can't tell you how welcome we've been made to feel by neighbors, retailers, almost anyone we've come in contact with has welcomed us to the area. I'd say approximately 25% of the people we've met are native NC, the remainder have been from all over the country but mostly from the Northeast area. We're also from PA, Phila suburbs, and love it here. Geographically, it is quite similar with the weather being a little different but the temperature differences are not that extreme. Good luck with the sale of your home and I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as we do.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
Thanks so much for your replies. It is good to know that the people are welcoming. My husband and I came down a few times for a visit and the people we met were wonderful and one of the reasons that we wanted to live in NC. The place just felt right. We want to live in a place where there is always something going on. Here in PA we have occasional festivals but people usually keep to themselves. The Triangle area is so much more alive with activities for families. We are really looking forward to living there. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary