Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:43 AM

305 posts, read 713,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshug922 View Post
james taylor- are you on here to simply be negative about the area? Are you from the area? It seems your comments are always negative and that you are discouraging people from moving to the area. Maybe you should consider a move somewhere to avoid all this that you seem to think is unattractive about the triangle area.
Relocation plans are firmly in place, thank you.

The quality of life in Raleigh is only going to continue its decline and I am not hanging around to witness and experience it. It's bad enough right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 04:22 AM

116 posts, read 265,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Taylor View Post
Relocation plans are firmly in place, thank you.

The quality of life in Raleigh is only going to continue its decline and I am not hanging around to witness and experience it. It's bad enough right now.

I hope you find an area that you enjoy more. We cannot imagine any place better than this area for us. We are glad we made the move here and have enjoyed it here for several years now. We feel it gets better every year as the area grows.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 AM

147 posts, read 689,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
I hope you find an area that you enjoy more. We cannot imagine any place better than this area for us. We are glad we made the move here and have enjoyed it here for several years now. We feel it gets better every year as the area grows.
ITA! I have only lived here for half a year but I love it.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 AM

260 posts, read 638,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes500 View Post
I ..... picked a townhomes in Amberly. .......
My biggest concern is if there are any good italian restaurants in the area! I am looking forward to the warmer weather!
'Carini's Italian' opened next to the Harris Teeter just a month ago in Cary Park Town Center. There are good Italian food places in beaver creek area on 55 too.

Welcome!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 PM

32 posts, read 84,364 times
Cary is somewhat overbuilt and underserviced. The older parts of Cary are starting to get a slightly battered and dishevelled look. So be careful where you buy in Cary. Morrisville is better between the two, youger more chic but has a long way to go. The balance you will find in Apex really the best destination in Wake county right now.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM

17 posts, read 54,996 times
Mo'ville is an intersection with a firestation and town hall behind it...and lots of sprawl beyond that, that makes it rural. It also does not support bike lanes (Davis dr and 54 for example), where as Cary ranked a top 5 cities in the nation for bike lanes and greenways. Yes, I pay higher taxes, but we have nicer parks and bike lanes and roads that actually get fixed if they are broken.

I disagree with the age comment that Mo'ville is younger and chic...We have a fairly large network in Cary of upper 20's lower 30's that drive thru Mo'ville on our way to activities.

The fact is, as someone already mentioned, that there has been so much annexing going on, its hard to tell which town a person might live in, and that goes for Apex as well...

My vote, is find a house and neighborhood you like, and figure out which town its in later, because it doesn't matter much these days...Reason: They're all in Wake County and the school board is f'ing up the system so bad that they are driving a lot of people away, including my family, and I am a native here.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 PM

300 posts, read 973,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachivalay View Post
'Carini's Italian' opened next to the Harris Teeter just a month ago in Cary Park Town Center. There are good Italian food places in beaver creek area on 55 too.

Welcome!
We've eaten there a few times since they've opened. Very good food!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:36 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina2Tucson View Post
Mo'ville is an intersection with a firestation and town hall behind it...and lots of sprawl beyond that, that makes it rural. It also does not support bike lanes (Davis dr and 54 for example), where as Cary ranked a top 5 cities in the nation for bike lanes and greenways. Yes, I pay higher taxes, but we have nicer parks and bike lanes and roads that actually get fixed if they are broken.
It's not true that Cary has higher taxes than Morrisville. I pay a tax rate of .3665 for my house in Morrisville compared to .3300 for my house in Cary.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:43 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
I am new to Cary but so far I love it here! I really enjoy having all the choices so close to home and the people have been so very friendly. Anything I want or need is less then 5 minutes away. I did the remote rural thing for 20 years. I was ready for this change and love it so far.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM

9 posts, read 21,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Is there really a significant difference here? :-) Most people in that general part of Wake Co. probably buy the "house" they like without particular town being the big issue.
If Morrisville hadn't aggressively pursued development, Cary would have swallowed it up and developed it in exactly the same manner.

Keep in mind that issues like schools aren't town specific; it's a county wide system. So, you don't end up with too many people splitting hairs over living in one or the other.

For me, the biggest issue to consider is whether your house is under the flight path of the airport or not. And, given that parts of Cary and Morrisville are in the flight path, I'd just keep that in my back pocket when looking.

Cary is much bigger than Morrisville, Cary has a population of about 130,000, but morrisville is only about 14,000. But Morrisville is Growing Rapidly, It has grown 130% since 2000. It doesnt really matter which town you move to, They both have the same rules and restrictions, if you are looking for a more prestigous place, I would look at one of Cary's Country clubs. I live in Preston, one of the nicest and biggest neighborhoods in cary, I love it. Both Cary and Morrisville are in the path of airplanes, but I have lived here for 13 years, and it has never bothered me.

In the end, it doesnt matter which one you move to, because Cary and Morrisville are Meshed together and you drive throughout both of them just getting your kids to school, or going to work.

Shopping wise, Cary outnumbers Morrisville Greatly. Cary has thousands of places to eat, Literaly, Thousands. It also has tons of new shopping centers. Within one mile of my house(in cary), I have 4 Harris Teeters, 3 Wallgreens, about 20 Ice Cream Places, 1 Ace Hardware, 1 Lowes Foods, 2 Eckerds, and tons of other stuff. Morrisville doesnt have nearly that much stuff. Hope this helps, If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at spencerlamb@bellsouth.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary