Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM

492 posts, read 2,108,208 times

Advertisements

So go figure: CSS (Central Showing Service) called a few minutes ago: a realtor wants to show my Cary house between 12:00 and 1:00 tomorrow! Let's hope the worst of the rain has passed by then...

Who goes house hunting in a hurricane, uh, er, tropical storm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 06:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_newcomer View Post
So go figure: CSS (Central Showing Service) called a few minutes ago: a realtor wants to show my Cary house between 12:00 and 1:00 tomorrow! Let's hope the worst of the rain has passed by then...

Hey! When my buyers want to buy...they want to buy!

I sold a house during a January ice storm years and years ago. My buyers drove me in their 4 wheel vehicle and we had to actually call the listing agents because all the offices were closed. We had a great time. Sellers were at home since they couldn't leave and they always had plenty of warm drinks and snacks for us! I met some of the nicest people!!!

Vicki

Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Hey! When my buyers want to buy...they want to buy!

I sold a house during a January ice storm years and years ago. My buyers drove me in their 4 wheel vehicle and we had to actually call the listing agents because all the offices were closed. We had a great time. Sellers were at home since they couldn't leave and they always had plenty of warm drinks and snacks for us! I met some of the nicest people!!!

Vicki
We bought our last home right after the big ice storm in December 2002. Got a great deal-I don't think the builder had seen a prospect for at least 10 days before we walked in!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:27 PM

492 posts, read 2,108,208 times
Wow! Then maybe this is good karma!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times
My Mother, (God bless her) keeps calling for Washington St. All day to check and make sure we are doing okay during the storm. This last time she called, I made a super loud hissing wind sound into the phone and yelled out "mom, can you hear me I'm caught in the wind." Bad idea, she about had a heart attack. I then politely explained it will just be a tropical storm. Mom and I have joked about things for years. I guess the media on the west coast is really pumping up the storm.

Who here thinks they will sleep through the storm? 12 am it hits us, will you be awake?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:31 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
My Mother, (God bless her) keeps calling for Washington St. All day to check and make sure we are doing okay during the storm. This last time she called, I made a super loud hissing wind sound into the phone and yelled out "mom, can you hear me I'm caught in the wind." Bad idea, she about had a heart attack. I then politely explained it will just be a tropical storm. Mom and I have joked about things for years. I guess the media on the west coast is really pumping up the storm.

Who here thinks they will sleep through the storm? 12 am it hits us, will you be awake?
I want to set my alarm and go out on my porch!!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:45 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
I will definitely be asleep. I slept through Fran when that hit (as a hurircane) and didn't hear a thing! I was literally shocked when I woke up the next day!
My brother in law just called from Baltimore to ask if we were allright! He was freaked out when he called and said he got a message that all the circuits were busy. I guess the weather channel is really freaking people out (which is why I don't usually watch it). It isn't even raining at my house!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 PM

415 posts, read 1,110,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_newcomer View Post

My mum's partner's sister is moving here and already had a flight booked to come down this weekend. She arrived this evening and they will be out house shopping tomorrow.

Maybe she's coming to see your house! LOL!

I think most of it will be long gone by noon tomorrow (Saturday) anyway.

Jenny

Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
It's a Friday night; I would be up until 2 anyway (Heck, I'm up until after midnight even during the week) Certainly tonight, I am liable to be up MUCH later to hear the gradually-increasing whistling winds.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,126 times
So far just some 'bands' of rain up here in Wake Forest.
More like a Tommy Dorsey band type of rain so far.
The rain and air is to warm to be Cold Play and maybe after
mid night it might be Aerosmith type of bands.
I think ZZ Tops or Whitesnake typed of bands will
miss us this time! Although it may just 'Pour some
sugar on me' types could be looming out here!!??
...but they may take the 'doors' when they arrive!

So we will see which 'tracks' get cued up! Happy Friday night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary