Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 AM

59 posts, read 95,474 times

Advertisements

We live in Denver and are very familiar with Boulder, I have lived there. Boulder is so granola. I want to say it tries too hard to be granola, but it doesn't. It just is. I buy organic and eat local. I am all about GMO free food. But seriously, Boulder is just TOO MUCH for me. There is one thing about Boulder, you either love it, or you hate it. There really isn't an in between. The common phrase among Coloradans is "30 square miles surrounded by reality". There couldn't be a more telling phrase about the town. The food is amazing, you can't get great food like that just anywhere, although Denver does have some real gems. I just would never live in Boulder. It is college kids, hippies, and rich rich soccer moms and architect dads who are very loopdy loo la-de-dah on the other side of reality.

Plus you live in constant fear that you are going to run over someone on a bicycle because they ride all over the streets and think they are as fast as cars.

Denver is my home, and I love love love it. Although we are moving to NC for several reasons (housing market, weather).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybel16 View Post
We live in Denver and are very familiar with Boulder, I have lived there. Boulder is so granola. I want to say it tries too hard to be granola, but it doesn't. It just is. I buy organic and eat local. I am all about GMO free food. But seriously, Boulder is just TOO MUCH for me. There is one thing about Boulder, you either love it, or you hate it. There really isn't an in between. The common phrase among Coloradans is "30 square miles surrounded by reality". There couldn't be a more telling phrase about the town. The food is amazing, you can't get great food like that just anywhere, although Denver does have some real gems. I just would never live in Boulder. It is college kids, hippies, and rich rich soccer moms and architect dads who are very loopdy loo la-de-dah on the other side of reality.

Plus you live in constant fear that you are going to run over someone on a bicycle because they ride all over the streets and think they are as fast as cars.

Denver is my home, and I love love love it. Although we are moving to NC for several reasons (housing market, weather).
Lol! I lived in Boulder, I loved it. But now after living in Durham for the last 5 years, I could not live there again. I soaked in all the craziness, uber-elite, granola this, organic that.... After having a baby, the competitiveness was unreal. I had my 6 month old in music class and gymnastics class. Because if you didn't, then somehow you are made to be "bad". I do miss the biking (surprised that I never got hit), I miss the mountain views, but it's just too out there for this 40 something. Durham is just right for us, I get my granola elite fix when I hang out in Chapel Hill... but Boulder? Forget it, and it breaks my heart to say that. I honestly felt like I was on vacation the 8 years I lived there. Sounds great, but it got to me after a while. Balance is essential to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary