Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:19 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times

Advertisements

Our TWC in North Raleigh is almost perfect. The HD DVR however has garbage software and we gave it back.

The basic + standard and Roadrunner Lite is a good value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 PM

94 posts, read 248,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog2 View Post
Unfortunately, the quality of Directv and Dish Network HD service is of rather poor quality, due to the high compression of the signal. Most people would say TW HD is sharper and more stable. TW provides good service in the Triangle.

This couldn't be further from the truth. I have had both TW and DTV. Direct TV HD is 10X better than TW.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:35 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Exaggerate alot? Once again, if you're going to provide info tell the truth. Directv does not go out every time a dark cloud is above. C'mon now!

It has for me, even with a 100 signal. I will never go back to satellite junk. TWC all the way baby. I watch 95% HD programming and have been totally satisfied with TWC's service. Top notch. No outages. Local stations.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 PM

5 posts, read 14,723 times
I would go with TWC. I enjoy the HD tremendously, especially since you don't have to pay extra for HD channels for TWC. The high speed internet is awesome and the digital phone is sweet. Pretty nice having all of these services bundled onto one bill!!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM

306 posts, read 719,923 times
I'll keep it simple: go with DirecTV.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:50 AM

40 posts, read 143,198 times
I have to chime in as well, DirecTV all the way. I have 3 friends that have had nothing but problems with TWC, not just the DVR, but just getting them to come out on time is a hassle. TWC can not even come close to matching the quality, and quantity, of HD offerd by satellite. They don't have the bandwidth to carry as much HD. You'd probably be better off with rabbit ears.

To the person who said their service went out when dark clouds came even with 100% signal, I think you are full of....well, let's just say that either you lived with trees blocking your view (in which case you wouldn't have 100% signal), or had a very bad installation. I had trees blocking my view at my old house, with no more than 88% signal strength and that never happened to me.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 AM

38 posts, read 245,811 times
I have TWC for cable, internet and phone and the service has been good... Yes, their HD offering is average (compared to satellite) and their HD-DVR box is a piece of... well worthless!! It does need to be rebooted every now and then.
I am thinking of keeping the internet and phone, even though their price will increase by $10-15, and switching to Dish. I can pay half of what I pay now to TWC and still get a lot more HD channels. I like Dish TurboHD offering.
What is your experience with Dish?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 PM

63 posts, read 216,792 times
I have TWC right now and i have been asking myself the EXACT same question I really loathe TWC and I dont feel like Im getting all I can for my money but I know even if I got rid of them for DTV I would still have to keep them for phone and internet and I think I have fallen into a lull and false sense of security with the "bundled" price. Im going to take a long hard look at direct TV deals in the coming weeks

Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM

40 posts, read 143,198 times
If it wasn't for the NFL Sunday Ticket and the great service I've had from DirecTV, I'd look at DISH for the TurboHD. It looks like a really good package. Also, I use Embarq for my phone and internet and have been very satisified, bill runs about $72/mo. You could also search this forum as this topic has been covered a few other times as well.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericv View Post
To the person who said their service went out when dark clouds came even with 100% signal, I think you are full of....well, let's just say that either you lived with trees blocking your view (in which case you wouldn't have 100% signal
I lived in a wide open field. Great shot to the satellite. End result, satellite quality was awful. TWC is far superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary