Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,077 times

Advertisements

I would love that idea!! Perfect for the crappy rainy days and when the temps are really cold or brutally hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 AM

214 posts, read 1,001,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANYA WOLMAC View Post
It is a great idea and if you restrict bully breeds. Have lots of rules and waivers and client agreements signed first. Total vet checks and proof of them and temperament tests before memebership is granted. Do it right and keep it strict and the peopel will come.
Now before I say anything, I don't even own a bully breed so I don't actually have a "dog in this fight."

I've owned dogs most of my life, been to dog parks, am involved in dog rescue and talk to people who are similarly involved on a daily basis. Banning any breed with such a swift brush isn't going to do anything for the safety of dogs and those frequenting an establishment like a dog park. I've met aggressive dogs of almost every breed, and you do a disservice to dogs when you begin with breed stereotyping.

Dogs should be evaluated on an individual basis, with their temperament being the most important factor, not their breed. This is why dog daycare's do temperament testing before they allow dogs to socialize and play together. I'd let my dog play with a friendly and outgoing bully breed over a agressive and short-fused lab any day of the week.

Any breed has the potential for aggressive tendencies and it's up to the owners to evaluate their animals and sometimes make decisions to not bring their dog into a setting where they could jeopardize the safety of others. Of course we all know this is not always the case, and that is why it's important for owners to familiarize themselves with canine body language so that you can be aware of the signals other dogs are sending out as well as your own dog.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy koala View Post
Dont let the nay sayers tell you different. Its a fine idea if you do it right. An indoor dog park that is just an indoor dog park will never work. However if you put a nice cafe, small pet store, grooming station, area for kids to build stuffed bears and work with clay, maybe a little plant nursery etc. Now you talking.

And you dont have to do it all on your own. Find the other businesses that would want to make essentially and indoor mall (small) that dogs can go to and families can have fun with the whole family.

Sorry pets can't be inside with food service.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...gs-dinner.html

Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,015 times
I think an indoor dog park would be a GREAT idea. I would love to take my dog to one since I live in an apt my dog needs a place to run around.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
There would need to be separate large and small dog areas and that would have to be enforced. Actually I think these already exist in the triangle. I know there are doggie meetups advertised on meetup.com that take place inside day care facilities.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,707 times
You can't restrict and be strict at a dog park it is the responsibility of the owner to restrict and be strict. I have a Pitt and a Rat terrier neither are BULLY, RUDE or UNSOCIAL. Owners who don't train or socialize their dogs are the problem not the dogs. Just like children they have to be taught.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
Default What about today???

An indoor dog park would be wonderful!!!!!!

Especially on days like today when there is a cloud of smoke from forest fires that have stretched from Pender County all the way to Raleigh. The air is unhealthy for humans and dogs. Today would be a great day for an indoor dog park especially when it is hard to explain to my dogs that the air is dangerous but it's sunny and all else in world to them is the same.

I wonder how many people out there would actually use it?? Would you guys prefer going to an outdoor or indoor dog park?? And would it depend?

Old 06-22-2011, 01:37 PM

127 posts, read 356,566 times
There is one in the works....originally they had a space in Cary but got such opposition that they had to start over. Now they are working on a spot in RTP at 55 & Sedwick Road and still hope to be open this year.

www.lapitup.biz/

or facebook page is www.facebook.com/#!/dogswim

Old 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
They say they're not a dog park but a place for people to interact with their dogs.

It would cost me $6 for two 15-minute ball-throwing sessions with my dog. Just the two of us.

What a deal. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

I'm going to go now and save money and throw the ball for my dog(s) for free.

I hope they work out the kinks before they open and they ultimately succeed. (Now I'm not being sarcastic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinNC View Post
There is one in the works....originally they had a space in Cary but got such opposition that they had to start over. Now they are working on a spot in RTP at 55 & Sedwick Road and still hope to be open this year.

www.lapitup.biz/

or facebook page is www.facebook.com/#!/dogswim

Old 07-15-2019, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 678 times
I would love to have an air conditioned option for my dog on weeks like this.its in the 90s and humid. He still has energy and needs to play and socializing is not a horrid thing beyond simply walking the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary