Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:01 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Looks like they're no less greedy than TWC.

Beginning February 1, 2009, the monthly rates for the following services will be adjusted as outlined below. Please note, you may not be subscribing to all of these services:

* If you are currently being billed $5 a month for an additional AT&T U-verse non-DVR receiver, the new price will be $7 a month, per receiver.
* The Movie Package will increase from $15 to $20 per month.
* Paquete Español will increase from $10 to $15 per month.
Great post SF. It's human nature to complain about what one has and want what they don't. People will switch and then they will start complaining again. Pretty soon there will be a U-Verse stinks thread and everyone will be talking about how they are going to TWC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 09:20 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,618,413 times
re: "Suggesting if you don't like what I say, then stop reading!"

I just discovered that these forums have an ignore feature.. it's under "My Settings" if anyone is feeling a need to use it.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:27 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,160,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Great post SF. It's human nature to complain about what one has and want what they don't. People will switch and then they will start complaining again. Pretty soon there will be a U-Verse stinks thread and everyone will be talking about how they are going to TWC.
Good analysis. You should be a psychologist.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM

374 posts, read 1,181,846 times
Here is an address that will work so people can check it out.

101 COCONUT MEWS
CARY, NC 27513

Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM

66 posts, read 263,164 times
bump

Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,103,510 times
We have it available in our central Cary neighborhood and are planning to call about it this week. It's a slight bit cheaper than TWC plus has some other better features (better DVR, more movie channels and faster connection).

Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM

119 posts, read 354,878 times
Is U-Verse going to eventually be available in the whole triangle area? Is that the plan? Or are they just going to be putting it in random areas that no one will know of unless they put in their address? The price would be about the same as Time Warner but they have faster internet plans and a better dvr with larger hard drive space.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM

66 posts, read 263,164 times
They are digging in North Hills, I asked the dude what it was he said Time Warner was putting in fiber optic. I hope he does not know what he is talking about and it is actually u-verse. I have never heard of time warner using fiber optic. And, we just got the time warner rate reduction with two year lock fliers that seem to come right before u-verse came to other areas.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:59 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,160,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbridgman View Post
They are digging in North Hills, I asked the dude what it was he said Time Warner was putting in fiber optic. I hope he does not know what he is talking about and it is actually u-verse. I have never heard of time warner using fiber optic. And, we just got the time warner rate reduction with two year lock fliers that seem to come right before u-verse came to other areas.
Time-Warner has been fiberoptic in my area near Mini-City for years.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM

31 posts, read 84,945 times
All cable companies are fiber to some extent. Most are only trunk lines that go between central offices, with home connections being copper. TWC may be adding fiber, but not necessarily to the curb or premises.

That being said....I hope its at&t, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary