Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

I read about this place on some other blog (props to them!). It is a chain, but it looks very interesting and I've heard from those who have been to one in Atlanta that it is quite good. I'm looking forward to checking it out soon!

The Flying Biscuit Cafe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,657 times
I've been to the one in Charlotte. It's a little fru-fru for my taste. It's always busy because it's kinda trendy to be organic, healthy and earthy right now if you know what I mean, but for me anyways, the food left a lot to be desired.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Great! Another place I can walk to!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:23 PM

19 posts, read 43,309 times
Default Great food!!

I have been. It is great food and I didn't really see much of that "trendy" food. It is good southern cooking and I highly recommend the chicken over biscuits!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM

460 posts, read 1,274,291 times
Plan on hitting it up this weekend!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,240 times
Default reply

been to the one in atlanta and loved it. i'm digging being able to walk or ride my bike.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksgirl View Post
I have been. It is great food and I didn't really see much of that "trendy" food. It is good southern cooking and I highly recommend the chicken over biscuits!!
chicken breast sausage, SOYsage, turkey bacon, goat cheese, marinated tofu, organic oatmeal pancakes, veggie burgers, turkey burgers, ...doesn't sound good old fashion southern cooking to me....

To each their own, but I'm just saying...

Old 01-13-2009, 05:07 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
THis takes me back to my grad school days. I live in a crummy apartment just kitty-corner from the original Flying Biscuit in Atlanta (Candler Park). A friend from undergrad was also a grad student and lived in the apt. next door. We ADORED that place but there was always a long line out the door by the time we woke up, lol.

I recently went to the one in Charlotte and is was almost like a reproduction of the original-that is, it was clearly not the original but was a pretty good likeness. It's hard seeing a fun, funky place like that in a strip mall.

I'm really, really excited to hear there's one in Cameron Village--we will be there this weekend!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 AM

28 posts, read 80,978 times
I currently live in Atlanta and will be moving to Raleigh in June/July in the Cameron Village area. I visited Raleigh last weekend looking for an apartment and when I found out there was a flying biscuit at Cameron Village, I just couldn't resist. They were actually having a Family and Friends day, so it was not open to public. Lucky me I was "befriended" by an employee and my mother and I were able to have a complimentary breakfast in exchange for a survey of their food.

My only experience before visting this Flying Biscuit, was the location in Midtown Atlanta, which I frequent often when in the area. The food was wonderful, the staff was very polite and knowledgable! The Flying Biscuits have more than just organic food...they cater to all people, but the organic pancakes are to die for! I especially love the biscuits and the Hollywood omelette. Oh and I am not sure if the location in Cameron Village offers this, but the one in Atlanta has mimosas and they are excellent!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM

371 posts, read 1,259,695 times
I'm gonna have to try this place!! Sounds fantastic that I won't have to pick from...speaking of gross...all the classic Southern food like sausage slathered on cream gravy, bisquits ruined w/ lard, bacon, more greasy bacon over more lard....What a concept to pick healthier items like oatmeal!!!! It's not trendy- it's that people are starting to care about the crap they put in their bodies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary