Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM

285 posts, read 836,153 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys

I'm hosting a company meeting in a few days, and have people coming in from all over the country (as well as the UK).

Because of where everyone is staying and/or living, Brier Creek or nearby is ideal. I am trying to find a restaurant that has a set menu (to control the cost!) as well as a good atmosphere.

So far, I have come up with fujisan (Japanese) or Brasa - does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 01:56 PM

103 posts, read 414,258 times
brasa is a GREAT idea! that was my first thought, but you've already said it good luck!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie313 View Post
brasa is a GREAT idea! that was my first thought, but you've already said it good luck!
Lol - thanks was hoping for some other ideas. I havent been to Brasa myself yet though - its meant to be a cool place

Old 01-22-2009, 02:06 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Brasa is a very cool place, however it can also be pricey (depending on your definition of pricey) I think something like 30-35 pp not including drinks.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
I've been to corporate events at Brier Creek Country Club, and they do a nice job and the food was quite tasty. Golf Event, Golf Outing, Corporate Event, Business Meeting - Brier Creek Country Club in Raleigh, NC It might be worth checking with them.

I'm personally not a huge fan of Brasa; I thougth the meats were wildly over salted. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day.

I wouldn't limit yourself to restaurants that already have a set menu. Many will set a menu for you depending on your group size. What about Taverna Agora? It's very nice and reasonably close to Brier Creek. Taverna Agora: Events (http://tavernaagora.com/events.html - broken link) Waraji could be nice too if they have a tatami room big enough for your group.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 AM

321 posts, read 1,576,935 times
Brasa should be a good atmosphere.

Azitra have a lovely private room within the restaurant. Of course, this being an Indian restaurant everyone has to like Indian food. If you have guests from England, though, they will like Indian food (it has become quite a staple food over there, I am from England and Indian restaurants are on, what seems like, every corner!). It is very good food and a nice atmosphere.
Azitra indian restaurant raleigh indian food brier creek durham (http://www.azitra.us/index.htm - broken link)

Old 01-25-2009, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the advice - have opted for Brasa - seeing as it seems a popular choice!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna78 View Post
Brasa should be a good atmosphere.

Azitra have a lovely private room within the restaurant. Of course, this being an Indian restaurant everyone has to like Indian food. If you have guests from England, though, they will like Indian food (it has become quite a staple food over there, I am from England and Indian restaurants are on, what seems like, every corner!). It is very good food and a nice atmosphere.
Azitra indian restaurant raleigh indian food brier creek durham (http://www.azitra.us/index.htm - broken link)
Thanks - I'm from England too, and have been here (and have been very disappointed). It certainly isn't a "curry house" (as we call them!) that I'm used to - and I found the food quite bland and boring. As another English person - used to the same sort of curry houses as I am - did I just catch these guys on a bad night? I've been to Saffron in Morrisville a few time, which isnt as fancy, but I prefer the food!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:48 AM

321 posts, read 1,576,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrant View Post
Thanks - I'm from England too, and have been here (and have been very disappointed). It certainly isn't a "curry house" (as we call them!) that I'm used to - and I found the food quite bland and boring. As another English person - used to the same sort of curry houses as I am - did I just catch these guys on a bad night? I've been to Saffron in Morrisville a few time, which isnt as fancy, but I prefer the food!
Hey there. I I have to take Azitra out of context of curry houses. I find their environment very nice overall and the right curry is good. I usually go for lamb rogan josh or chicken tikka masala and I have to kick up the spice level quite a bit compared to what I would have ordered in England. Their tandoori chicken tikka is the best around.
I also go to Taj indian cuisine on 54 in Durham and this is a little more like a curry house, but again, I have to kick up the spice level a bit.
I have yet to find an indian restaurant here that is like the curry houses of home. When I was back there last time we went for a wonderful curry (with all the trimmings!).
I do miss the stack of papadams at the beginning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary