Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM

25 posts, read 126,939 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this business? I have been approached about attending a class/seminar for the Leadership Team Development business. Has anyone been to one of these meetings before? Could you tell me more about this?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:18 PM

19 posts, read 79,416 times
I've been approached twice by people from this organization. Because I refused to attend the meeting without more information, I only got a little bit. The limited amount of info seemed to point to one setting up their own online store, and selling products (for example, energy drinks). You then recruit more people to join the organization, and these recruits share their profits with you (a small percentage that continues down the line, for instance, the person that recruits you will receive a portion of your profits). It might be worthwhile attending, but it sounded similar to a pyramid scheme to me. I decided quickly it was not for me. Again, I'm not too well versed on them, but this is the impression I received.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:33 PM

355 posts, read 958,110 times
It's the pyramid scheme formerly known as Quixtar, formerly known as Amway.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM

19 posts, read 79,416 times
Just out of curiosity, were you approached in a store by someone you were unfamiliar with? Or was it a referral?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:30 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever User Name View Post
It's the pyramid scheme formerly known as Quixtar, formerly known as Amway.
Amway, Oh Lordy, Lordy.

We had some people at work who got all aroused about becoming Amway millionaires.

Neither made anything worthwhile.

Save your time and don't join this program.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
I was approached by someone in a mom's group at a church about Quixtar. She was overly friendly and it wasn't because she really wanted to be my friend. She gave me a catalog and explained how her she and her husband were both able to stay home with their small children and still support their family. I avoided her at all costs once I realized what she was up to.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 AM

25 posts, read 126,939 times
Thanks so much for your posts! I tried to do my share of research but its so secretive on what they do which is sure a sign that it is probably not something legit. And yes... I was randomly approached in my apartment complex by someone who I had never met before. I was excited that I had possibly made a new friend but quickly all conversation moved towards the business and their expansion phase.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Thanks for making your first post an advertisement for this crap. Which, by the way, it appears was simply copied right out of a sales brochure. Oh, and virtually unreadable.

If we had webvideo active, you 'd see me rolling my eyes.
Here, let me help you:

No matter how you slice it, it's a pyramid scheme.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 AM

43,285 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesteven View Post
You know what is funny. You can think waht ever you want. If it was a pyramid scheme then #1 the the FTC would not allow Barnes and Noble, Nutrilte, or Avis car rental to partner. 2# if it was a scheme then the 8 billion in revenue which is 1 billion increase over the 7 billion last year worldwide would be shut down. Schemes do not last over 50 years with a proven track record. Yes there was things that had to be work out and learned from over the years but that is all old news and fixed. So thank you for this Pyramid since I can actually be in control of this one. My bank job during the day is a Pyramid to that no matter what I do for me to move up is virtually impossible. It is structured like a Pyramid and by the way they just laid off 3000 people. Just a Tip Amway Gloabl is not laying people off.

Fine.
Great.

Take a break. You've earned it.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 AM

451 posts, read 1,654,056 times
Boy, sounds like "these people" scour the message boards to "spread the word." Creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary