Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times

Advertisements

How long does it take after the close of a home to show up in the Wake Country Registry of Deeds online?

We have had many recent sales in my neighborhood that will be closing this month (about 6% of the total neighborhood - new homes) and I am tracking the actual sales pricing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,406 times
Are you moving?

If you move to Holly Springs and then rave about their new Burger King I'll be ticked.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
How long does it take after the close of a home to show up in the Wake Country Registry of Deeds online?

We have had many recent sales in my neighborhood that will be closing this month (about 6% of the total neighborhood - new homes) and I am tracking the actual sales pricing.
Even after they're listed, they are not always correct. When we look up our deed on the Wake Registry - we see the original owners deed of 2006 and the price she paid. It mentions our deed date but the price under package price is what previous owner paid. Strange...

Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM

835 posts, read 3,977,249 times
Register of Deeds only has a copy of the deed and the mortgage amount. Go to this site--http://services.wakegov.com/realestate/. It is the tax assesors website, put in address , click your way through and you will sales information around your home. It is rounded off to the nearest $500 but still pretty good. It will take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month for this to update.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM

387 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post

My experience has been that almost immediately after closing (within a day or two), a new record will appear on the real estate data website associated with the property address. The sale price does not always appear immediately, *but the field for revenue stamps does*. And you can calculate the sale price by multiplying the amount for revenue stamps by 500. That is, SALE PRICE = REVENUE STAMPS * 500.

This is also the easiest method to determine how much prior owners paid for the same property.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson919 View Post
My experience has been that almost immediately after closing (within a day or two), a new record will appear on the real estate data website associated with the property address. The sale price does not always appear immediately, *but the field for revenue stamps does*. And you can calculate the sale price by multiplying the amount for revenue stamps by 500. That is, SALE PRICE = REVENUE STAMPS * 500.

This is also the easiest method to determine how much prior owners paid for the same property.
Yes, I think after we sold our house it was either up that night or the following day. Of course the sales price doesn't reflect concessions the seller may have paid.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
I've seen it take a week or more. I usually email my realtor to ask the real sales price when I really want to know - the MLS is updated much faster.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,595 times
A house in our neighborhood closed last Thursday and it showed up Monday.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:35 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Yes, I think after we sold our house it was either up that night or the following day. Of course the sales price doesn't reflect concessions the seller may have paid.
Right. Closing costs help from the Seller to Buyer can represent significant concessions.

Personal property like appliances that are negotiated to convey can also skew the property value.

The tax rolls can be used two ways.
1. To see what appraisal values the neighborhood is supporting.
2. To see what people are willing to pay.

#1 can be skewed by cash purchases without appraisal, or by a buyer who is willing to pay more than appraisal. These things happen, but not all that often.
#2 can be skewed as mentioned above, closing costs assistance, personal property conveyance, etc.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
Also keep in mind that the sq ft data from the Wake County site is notoriously bad. This makes it tough to do any sort of normalizing of price versus size of the house. And that's even assuming there is a size listed for the house - that data tends to dribble in slowly for newer neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary