Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times

Advertisements

My wife and I looked in Apex and HSP and chose HSP for the reasons most of you are saying not to. I like living a little further out (commutes do not bother me and taking 751 makes it easier) and I get to work in RTP in about 35-45 minutes leaving at 7am. With growth comes appreciation and with HSP having more opportunity for growth as well as the 540 extension (whenever that comes) there is a great opportunity for expansion. The nuclear power plant means nothing.....seriously and we did not have to sign any special document about the power plant, nor do we have to take special pills nor am I worried about a nuclear fallout....besides, even if you live in Apex, if it goes you will live about 20 seconds longer than us in HSP. Let's not forget about people paying Cary taxes living in parts of Apex (yes Cary has annexed parts of HSP as well) but there is just as much attempted or coming up when it comes to Apex annexation as well. It comes down to what YOU want. If you end up listening to what other people like about the areas you will not listen to what YOU want. Go to both, drive around, see the areas and make a decision. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM

210 posts, read 748,752 times
I don't think you can go wrong in either, although I personally like Apex. I've actually always liked Apex. It's grown so much in the past years. Find a community you like, drive the areas, only you will be able to tell which area feels more like "home" to you.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM

32 posts, read 84,311 times
I live in apex as well, and let me tell you one thing about the morning commute. If you live 5 miles further down the road that can easily add 10-20 mns each way to your daily commute. I owuld definitely go with Apex.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,357 times
I moved to Apex in June 2007. I made extensive research and considered every detail pertaining to Cary, Apex and Holly Springs. If money is no concern, Cary should be the first choice. Apex and Holly Springs share close demographics although Apex is booming rapidly and eventually this concept will change dramatically. Schools in Apex perform with higher scores in academics than Holly Springs. But be careful with Holly Springs. It may become the second Cary as new housing units are coming in more expensive catering to higher income brackets. So, long-term planning should balance in favor of Holly Springs. May I remind you that both of these cities are next to each other and share boundaries geographically. If scores is your main concern my personal opinion would be: Cary 10, Apex 9, Holly Springs 8, as of today, January 13, 2009.

All in all, Cary, Apex and Holly Springs are excellent choices for families with children. These are peaceful, quiet neighborhoods. North Carolina is a big forest state with plenty of flora and fauna. It is still, practically, a virgin state.

Last edited by Rene Rivera; 01-13-2009 at 05:47 AM..

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,270 times
I just moved to Morrisville from NY and was very disappointed to find that my children had to be bussed to another school 15 min. away when our local school is a minute away. I've learned this is very common with Wake County schools. Had I know this I may not have moved here.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 PM

11 posts, read 22,557 times
Holly springs somes really nice as well as Apex and Cary, But is there any CRIME in any of these towns I dont here anything about that..Only what new store is moving in or where should i go HP, C, or A. Can any one answer this question??The only reason i asked is because i dont here any one asking that suck Question..But it really sounds really great in all these location. I mean is there a good side or ad bad side of town or is it just all around Great there...So far everything i read so far sounds really great..

Old 04-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Default Dmv

When you move from another state do you have to take the driving exam again or can you just transfer to the new state??????

Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM

But other then that how do you like Morrisville???? Im thinking of moving my family to the Holly Springs NC area?? And im coming from N.J??

Old 04-12-2009, 02:38 PM
bdf

29 posts, read 58,451 times
Swift Creek is a better option - basically the area inside Lake Wheeler Rd. Ten Ten, and Holly Springs Rd. It gives you everything you want just that much closer to the beltway, RTP, and Cary with better housing value for the money. No HOA, city taxes, trees, 2 acres, yet 15 minutes to NCSU. Yes, it doesn't have the cookie cutter neighborhoods that seem popular but for us that was the attraction.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 PM

892 posts, read 3,160,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK OF JERSEY View Post
When you move from another state do you have to take the driving exam again or can you just transfer to the new state??????
A decade ago ya had to take a written exam. Can't imagine that has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary