Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 8,520 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the best burger in Durham.

Some people say Cookout has the best burgers, but there isn't one in Durham. Others say reco a place called 5 guys.

Any other recos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleBeezy View Post

Some people say Cookout has the best burgers, but there isn't one in Durham.
what? yes there is. Hillsborough Rd I know has one. Miami Blvd and N Roxboro used to I can't remember if they still do. I think cookout's burger is better than 5 Guys.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 AM

72 posts, read 288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleBeezy View Post
I'm looking for the best burger in Durham.

...Cookout has the best burgers, but there isn't one in Durham.
True, there is ONE in Durham - there are THREE.

1) Hillsborough Rd @ Cole Mill Rd.
3624 Hillsborough Rd, Durham, NC‎ durham - Google Maps
2) Roxboro Rd near intersection with Duke St (behind Staples?).
- - Google Maps
3) Hwy 70 @ Miami Blvd.
cookout hillsborough rd durham - Google Maps

Also try:
Dain's Place
dains durham - Google Maps

Wimpy's Grill
wimpys durham - Google Maps

Char Grill
char grill durham nc - Google Maps

Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
what? yes there is. Hillsborough Rd I know has one. Miami Blvd and N Roxboro used to I can't remember if they still do. I think cookout's burger is better than 5 Guys.
Thanks for the clarification. I've had 5 guys and thought it was far better than any chain burger. what makes cookout so good?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:27 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,961,964 times
My favorite is Bull McCabes. My second choice is Dain's Place.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 AM

523 posts, read 1,326,608 times
I second Bull McCabe's. I haven't tried Dain's yet, but I keep meaning to get over there.

The OnlyBurger truck is also worth a visit.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,872 times
Yes, there are definitely three Cookouts in Durham (I've been to them all since they've opened ). I like them and Five Guys, which I find to be slighty better. I haven't tried the others but I would love too! Cookout is good because across the board all their food is good and they have a large selection of shakes. Their meals are also great for the money which includes two sides and a drink for about $5. I do wish they would add at least a couple healthier sides though. They are also great b/c obviously with several locations with drive thru's they are more convenient than the others listed.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM

84 posts, read 155,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
Cookout indeed does have a location in Durham on Hillsborough Rd at Cole Mill Rd. How do I know? Because it sits directly in front of my company and I dine there regularly.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM

121 posts, read 381,550 times
I like the Federal burger quite a bit. Only Burger is really good. Also, City Beverage had good burgers and a lot of variety. Their menu keeps changing, though. I have a hard time with the "best" of something because there are so many good options.

I find myself at CharGrill a lot, but that may be because it is so close by.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb27608 View Post
The OnlyBurger truck is also worth a visit.
I was going to recommend OnlyBurger too. OnlyBurger... the only burger you'll ever want. | Durham Catering Co. They are on Twitter and will let you know each day where they are going to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary